We Quit Cigarettes

@muddy75 how likely is it that someone will be infected with vCJD from contaminated dental instruments?
Damnit James.
I need to figure how how to hack into your computer to block your Googling.

Sort of. But work on both. I also have had to work on my driving over the years, both speeding and distracted. I still think there are things I do I shouldn’t with my phone even music, etc. I’m trying to work on that for the impression factor of my kid.

My BIL is a fireman and always tells me how injuries exponentially increase with speed. In my 20s I regular cruised at 80+ on the interstate. That cut that out just understanding how unsafe it is. For a blowout even... things out of your control. Injuries from accidents at high speeds are so often fatal or serious.

I think as you age you understand a little more about things out of your control that can take away your invincibility regardless of your aptitude. There’s just frankly too many things that can go wrong, out of your control, when driving, why add a dangerous speed to the mix.

the lower speeds is really and truly a thought of math like @CindyinSD said. There is hardly a time where the insignificant difference is worth it. I realized this when I got a dually truck and stopped speeding anywhere cause I was just too dang big in the truck. I realized quickly you always meet the same cars in a short stretch of drive and on something longer you’re only maybe 5 minutes behind. There’s absolutely no reason to go over the speed limit.

also, it sort of helps me to visualize other people speeding that always piss me off whenever I want to speed. everyone has somewhere to go and everyone has their own timeline. It’s silly to think my time is worth more than everyone else on the road, and I don’t want to be that person!

Thank you!! This was really helpful and insightful. And it’s nice to hear from someone who used to do this but changed. Makes me think I can too. I do the music thing too but I should probably just set it before I leave and then put it away. And put it in the back so I can’t tweet or BYC or anything else on it. I do the 80+ thing too though. The other day I hit 91 :oops: but that’s very rare. I never do that. I wanted to see what I could hit :oops: But I’m over this whole speeding and distracted thing. Even just typing all this, I feel like a complete dumbass. I am realizing it’s so stupid and I have no idea . Also realizing I’m damn lucky I’m not dead yet. I need to change before I am or somebody else is.

Kelsi, if you eat sugary, starchy, fatty foods, you will crave them more and more strongly. First thing in the morning eat something high protein--homemade greek yogurt (no sweetener but unsweetened fruit if you need it)--an egg or more--cottage cheese... plant-based, could be hummus or falafel, black beans with a spoonful of salsa or guac... you get the idea. That starts you off ahead instead of inviting cravings from the start. If you need sugar in your tea use a packet of splenda or a tbsp of honey or put a tbsp of cream in instead.

As long as you don't succumb to temptation and eat something full of low-nutrient-density carbs, the cravings will be psychological and manageable. If you eat a tub of ice cream, high carb things will soon become much harder to resist.

The worst is empty-calorie carbs with fats (that tub of ice cream). The sugars spike your insulin, then the insulin (being excessively high as a result) socks all that sugar and all that fat away in your fat cells for possible future use. Too much glucose (sugar) in your blood is toxic to your neurological tissues so your pancreas is trying to protect you from this poison. Next, having done its job, the pancreas realizes it has over-steered and cuts off the insulin. Too late, though. Your blood sugar is now at a low (hypoglycemic), causing you to crave sugary/fatty foods to bring it up to normal levels. This scenario will play out throughout your whole day unless you have a strong enough will to resist the cravings. Ice cream is wonderful, but please trust me; you can live a happy life without it and its ilk.

You will get the same reaction with all empty carbs. Just say no.

Thank you!! This is very helpful and informative. I never thought of it like this before.

I do think it is 100% psychological though because I can eat a huge omelette or something and be super full but I will still want to eat a snack or dessert or something. I think I just want something to do with my hands maybe? And especially when I watch TV I “have to” snack.

I feel personally attacked with this post for my mid morning first food of lucky charms. :D:lau:oops: I only recently caught that it makes me crave all day long. All. Day. Long.

:lau I used to love Lucky Charms but now they give me a headache lol I don’t eat any cereal now cause it usually gives me a headache and I get sick if I drink too much milk so I can’t eat it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom