We Quit Cigarettes

Anytime you think of smoking, get on BYC instead, replace one addiction with another. Maybe you need to visit the man for some balut eggs to hatch, that will keep your mind occupied. Hang in there. You can do this!

I don't know if Chantix is prescription or not, but I know some medications are prescription. I don't know the differences between them, maybe different/less side effects. If you have health insurance, it might be worth a visit to your doctor, or even just a call to the office. They should be able to set you up with a local support group or something. You need an accountabilibuddy! I'm familiar with some of the programs around here, but not by you. These programs wouldn't exist if quitting was easy.
Chantix is an extremely expensive prescription.
Thankfully my insurance started to cover it this year.

You can always chat with us if it keeps your head in a good place!

Help me figure out how I'm going to birth a human and brood chicks (I'm down to only 3 chickens) at the same time this spring. That's a project!
Id rather give birth every day for a week straight than deal with my coming week.

Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I've ever done! I actually quit 4 different times, the last was over 6 years ago. I also used chantix. I found the best way for me to stay motivated was to cross off every day on the calendar that i made it through without a smoke so when i wanted one i could look back at it and see how far i had come, made me not want to toss it all away for a one lousy cig. I also had to think about what triggered it. I used to go sit in my garage and smoke while talking on the phone so i quit going in the garage and only talked in my house, i brought a water bottle to sip on while driving instead of smoking, i quit drinking beer for a while because that was what always got me started again and thinking i could just have one once in a while. It does get easier, hang in there!!

Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I've ever done! I actually quit 4 different times, the last was over 6 years ago. I also used chantix. I found the best way for me to stay motivated was to cross off every day on the calendar that i made it through without a smoke so when i wanted one i could look back at it and see how far i had come, made me not want to toss it all away for a one lousy cig. I also had to think about what triggered it. I used to go sit in my garage and smoke while talking on the phone so i quit going in the garage and only talked in my house, i brought a water bottle to sip on while driving instead of smoking, i quit drinking beer for a while because that was what always got me started again and thinking i could just have one once in a while. It does get easier, hang in there!!
Do you remember what day you quit on...was it day 7 of taking the med?

They say the craving lasts just a couple minutes. If you can make it a couple minutes each time it hits you win. :hugs
I don't think I'm going to make it today.
I have two cigarettes stashed and I'm almost ready to go take one drag.
I feel like I can start over tomorrow.
I feel like I'm torturing myself. :barnie

This is getting a little ridiculous.

I keep telling myself if I can make it one whole day then I'll have the worst behind me.

Back
Top Bottom