We Quit Cigarettes

I have a ton of duck eggs too. So many eggs that I can't handle them all. And only 2 out of the 3 of my ducks are even laying! I refuse to bake because I'd be as big as a house, or wouldn't be able to get out of the house. One or the other. I give a bunch away. I steamed/hard boiled almost 3 dozen in my instant pot and ate most of them. How long do hard boiled eggs last anyways?
A long time, ime. You can put them in vinegar and pickle them too, don't forget.

My maternal grandfather died in the hospital from a blood clot following prostate surgery.
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Dh's older cousin and my father-in-law were misdiagnosed; the cousin passed, father-in-law suffered a stroke he shouldn't have. A fellow we know in town lost his leg because they missed the blood clot and a gentleman who suffered a clot like Dh at the same time...they caught it too late and he passed. Clots are insidious.

It's not good to consume tons of vitamins to get your nutrients. Your liver can only handle so much being filtered through it.

A person has to get nutrients somehow though and if they’re not eating them it might be necessary no? Wait is it really bad for the liver? Even just a multivitamin or something? I’m not talking about like 20 million a day or a trillion different kinds or anything

I never stated "everyone" can eat zero carbs. I wrote, "actually "a" person can be fine with zero carbs." Some people can't eat meat, some can't eat dairy, some can't eat soy, etc. My husband has celiac so he can't eat gluten. I'd never state that because one size doesn't necessarily fit all.

When we change food for the animals we keep, it's best to make small adjustments and take adequate time. It's no different for people. Some people who transition from another diet can have more difficulty. Some of the vegans in the group I'm in, have a difficult time switching to meat. It takes time for gut bacteria to adjust. I've always eaten meat so my gut flora didn't have much adjusting to do. I was surprised at how much inflammation I had. I've had to readjust my sandals to a smaller size twice. :gig
The way it was written sounded like any person could do this and be fine. I know people with diabetes can do this easily it's because of the disease they have. My aunt had type 1 and my grandfather had type 1, I'm very familiar with diabetes. They HAD to do low carb because they had no choice. It was either do it or suffer with the consequence. My grandfather had sores and such all over his legs. He actually got heart issues and died at 53.

A person has to get nutrients somehow though and if they’re not eating them it might be necessary no? Wait is it really bad for the liver? Even just a multivitamin or something? I’m not talking about like 20 million a day or a trillion different kinds or anything
Take A multivitamin... Not a handful of pills is okay. Everything should be done in moderation. You should never take more pills than your Dr recommends. Taking too much vitamins can be just as bad as not taking any at all.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Dh's older cousin and my father-in-law were misdiagnosed; the cousin passed, father-in-law suffered a stroke he shouldn't have. A fellow we know in town lost his leg because they missed the blood clot and a gentleman who suffered a clot like Dh at the same time...they caught it too late and he passed. Clots are insidious.
It was a long time ago. He was 60 at the time.

Back
Top Bottom