We Quit Cigarettes

I started smoking around 10 years ago when I was like 15. My parents smoke, my grandparents smoke, my great grandmother smokes, I lived on a tobacco plantation and my first job was in a cigarette factory. However I was never too addicted to smoking. I smoke for months and then quit for months.

Around the same time I started using khaini, which is a strong type of snuff/chewing tobacco also grown locally. I have never had problems with it. I never tried quitting it. View attachment 2036674View attachment 2036676View attachment 2036675View attachment 2036677
I worked in a hospital ENT unit for a while as a registered nurse. It was a long time ago when smoking was still permitted in hospitals. The nurses and patients in the cancer units smoked. The nurses who worked in the critical care units with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and emphysema and lung cancer patients smoked, too.

NONE of the nurses in the ENT (ear, nose & throat) unit smoked--not ever. And they absolutely did not use snuff or chew tobacco. They cared for patients who had gotten cancer in the nasal and mouth and throat tissues caused by oral and nasal tobacco use. These patients had to have their cancerous tissues removed to save their lives. They were horribly and grotesquely disfigured. Many of them were young, healthy athletes. It was so sad. Actually it was horrifying.

Please, please stop using tobacco altogether. It is poisonous in any and every form. It WILL hurt you.

The whole don't think and just do stuff is magical.

My only wish is that I would have learned how to do this sooner but I am positive Chantix is doing most of the work.

Who sent this snowflake thing down here?
Take it back.View attachment 2036719
Snowflakes? I don't know anything about any snowflakes...
Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

The whole don't think and just do stuff is magical.

My only wish is that I would have learned how to do this sooner but I am positive Chantix is doing most of the work.

Who sent this snowflake thing down here?
Take it back.View attachment 2036719
I didn't send it--otherwise it would be gone from here--right? 🥶

I imagine that fresh tobacco and our US tobacco are completely different monsters. Ours is filled with all kinds of fun and deadly chemicals :rolleyes:
It's the tobacco, not just whatever chemicals are added. Tobacco is toxic. Natural does not mean safe. Rattlesnakes are natural. Plants develop protective properties too. Tobacco doesn't want to be messed with. It makes (I'm told) a very effective insecticide.

Completely surrounded by tabacco agriculture and by family.
My Grandfather used to chew tobacco. He also smoked.

An important cash crop for a largely agricultural state. However we were not so dependent on tobacco in the past. We also cultivated sugarcane, opium and indigo. When my great-grandmother was young before independence, people used to grow opium. The Brits used to buy the opium and then sell it in China. After independence the government outlawed opium cultivation.

As for indigo people were forced to grow it on atleast 15% of their land, so it became a sign of colonial oppression. Artificial dyes also contributed to the decline of Indigo farming.

Sugarcane cultivation is more labour intensive and low return crop. The boom of cheaper brazilian suger also contributed to decline of sugarcane farming.

Superior quality tobacco, specially smokeless produced here is still in high demand, so it replaced other crops.

It's the tobacco, not just whatever chemicals are added. Tobacco is toxic. Natural does not mean safe. Rattlesnakes are natural. Plants develop protective properties too. Tobacco doesn't want to be messed with. It makes (I'm told) a very effective insecticide.
It's not just the tobacco. I doubt that fresh is good for you either. What I was saying is that they are probably a bit different considering all of the additives in US tobacco. I'm using words like "probably" and "imagine" because I have not done any research on it. It's a little hard for be to believe that fresh no-additive tobacco is as bad as what we see in the grocery store. But :confused:

An important cash crop for a largely agricultural state. However we were not so dependent on tobacco in the past. We also cultivated sugarcane, opium and indigo. When my great-grandmother was young before independence, people used to grow opium. The Brits used to buy the opium and then sell it in China. After independence the government outlawed opium cultivation.

As for indigo people were forced to grow it on atleast 15% of their land, so it became a sign of colonial oppression. Artificial dyes also contributed to the decline of Indigo farming.

Sugarcane cultivation is more labour intensive and low return crop. The boom of cheaper brazilian suger also contributed to decline of sugarcane farming.

Superior quality tobacco, specially smokeless produced here is still in high demand, so it replaced other crops.
WOW! Makes me want to go kiss my little tomato plants. I don't have any of your plants growing in my garden.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom