We Quit Cigarettes

Pics
I'm a smoker. I gave up once for a couple of years in my twenties and again for 5 months in my 50s.
I didn't use any chemical assistance. I just stopped.
I don't remember much about how I felt in my twenties when I gave up and couldn't even tell you why I started again.
When I gave up in my 50s, that was really noticeable. I've always been fit. Between Aikido, cycling and later work, I did okay with the smoking. There wasn't much it seemed to interfere with.
I used to cycle to a friends most three, or four times most weeks and the going was all uphill. In my 50's I was finding it hard work. When I stopped smoking I could tell within days how much fitter I was becoming.
I'm thinking of giving it up again now at 65.
I'll tell you a secret though; I don't regret much in my life but I do regret starting up again on both occasions.

Is it time to cook dinner yet? Perhaps you want something special for dinner tonight, something that requires you to go to the grocery store first and look for some random ingredient that you don't have at home. You really want a distraction, look for this item in a grocery store you have never been to, it will take awhile. After all day without smoking you deserve a good meal, perhaps the best tasting meal you've had in awhile.

Is it time to cook dinner yet? Perhaps you want something special for dinner tonight, something that requires you to go to the grocery store first and look for some random ingredient that you don't have at home. You really want a distraction, look for this item in a grocery store you have never been to, it will take awhile. After all day without smoking you deserve a good meal, perhaps the best tasting meal you've had in awhile.

Fantastic idea!! :D

I went ahead and took my evening pill early.
Maybe it will help.
JPEG_20200218_155817_5920999922390938701.jpg

Back
Top Bottom