We Quit Cigarettes

Chantix worked for me after 20 years smoking. Day 3 to 3weeks are the toughest.
It’s been I think going on 4 years now. I won’t lie or sugar coat it. I would still like to light one up at times. Be it while having a drink or sipping some coffee. Good luck on your roller coaster because that’s just what it is. FYI I didn’t stop smoking until the last day of taking Chantix.
Side note: Ditch the 2 smokes you have stashed they will get you in trouble.
Good luck!!!!

I just sent out a text messages to my mom and brothers.
I don't want to speak to anyone today.
I just cry.

Of course you are crying you have given up on one of your best friends (not) who was always there for you. :hugs About 90 days into sobriety I woke up one morning sobbing - me who never cries. I immediately called the friend who started me on my path to sobriety, and that was what he told me. Think about it - pretty true, right ?

You are doing this.

@jolenesdad - you will be starting on one of the most difficult journeys. Think of your daughter. You can do this.

Chantix worked for me after 20 years smoking. Day 3 to 3weeks are the toughest.
It’s been I think going on 4 years now. I won’t lie or sugar coat it. I would still like to light one up at times. Be it while having a drink or sipping some coffee. Good luck on your roller coaster because that’s just what it is. FYI I didn’t stop smoking until the last day of taking Chantix.
Side note: Ditch the 2 smokes you have stashed they will get you in trouble.
Good luck!!!!
Did you take Chantix for 3 months or 6?
My original plan is to only take it for this 3 months... That might change.

Of course you are crying you have given up on one of your best friends (not) who was always there for you. :hugs About 90 days into sobriety I woke up one morning sobbing - me who never cries. I immediately called the friend who started me on my path to sobriety, and that was what he told me. Think about it - pretty true, right ?

You are doing this.

@jolenesdad - you will be starting on one of the most difficult journeys. Think of your daughter. You can do this.
You sound a lot like my dad. And I mean that in a good way. Like you, he gave up drinking and smoking too.

Did you take Chantix for 3 months or 6?
My original plan is to only take it for this 3 months... That might change.
I don’t remember taking it for 3 months.
I was thinking it was more along the lines of about 4 weeks. If I remember correctly the amount you take changes as you go.

You sound a lot like my dad. And I mean that in a good way. Like you, he gave up drinking and smoking too.

I'll be honest - given a terminal diagnosis I will return home with a bag of Redman - the green bag- in one back pocket and a bag of Levi Garrett in the other. My intentions are to NEVER drink again.

@Kiki I was buying the big bags of Lifesavers Wintergreen candy to help. (I was popping those like crazy) Yes it helped a lot. Get them or something you like to chew on. Yes I ended up with several extra cavities but it was worth it. Now I gave up on the lifesavers and switched to sugar free gum per my dentists recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom