We Quit Cigarettes

Honestly it probably made them tons of money so they didn’t want people to quit at first. :hmm

No kidding! In our state they put the sin taxes so high that people stopped smoking as much. Then the gov started complaining about deficits. Really?!? Really? The sin tax money was supposed to go to public service stuff to help people stop or not start. It was supposed to discourage people from buying cigarettes, etc. So it works, and now they're complaining that it worked. 🤷‍♀️

I'm not sure why it bothers me.
It's just a tad bit silly when I start crying in the middle of the grocery store for no reason.
I guarantee you that the people who see you crying in the grocery store, most of them, want to comfort you somehow. They can't intrude because they don't know you and it makes them feel uncomfortable because they feel they should, yet our social "rules" say no.

I've already cried once this morning.

It's seems the crying is what's bothering me the most but if that's the worst of it I'll be fine.

I caught myself going to the garage automatically again.

I don't feel so bad...I just argue with the voices.
If I start crying it ticks me off. I like to have control over my emotions. I'd rather be angry all day than crying at all, other people around me don't want me to be angry all the time. It's definitely a control thing for me. I'm the rock for everyone else. My good friend Benji, who was dying from cancer at 21 said to me, "if you start crying, I'll start crying, and then everyone in town will start crying, and then the whole world will start crying. So don't cry." I guess my 17 year old mind embraced that at the time.

Back
Top Bottom