We Quit Cigarettes

So incredibly true!! I can make tacos at home and no glucose spike after eating 3. Ate ONE at taco bell a while back and shot up 100 points (for those who do not know that is a huge jump)

Oh dear! No more Taco Bell!! I stopped eating there years ago. Half because I got food poisoning and the other half because it’s just so unhealthy. I know all fast food is unhealthy but I think McDs and Taco Bell are at the top.

Cutting back by 30% so maybe off them Sunday.

So incredibly true!! I can make tacos at home and no glucose spike after eating 3. Ate ONE at taco bell a while back and shot up 100 points (for those who do not know that is a huge jump)

Pretty good given that the regular ones same brand are 35 or 36 grams of carbs each.
I buy the extreme wellness flax tortillas these days. They look different than regular so hard to hide that switch. I think they taste fine.

https://olemex.com/products/high-fiber-low-carb-wrap/
My endocrinologist said if 50% or more of the carbs are from insoluble fiber 50% of the insoluble fiber can be subtracted from total carbs. That puts these at 11 grams roughly.
If I eat Taco Bell I gain 10 lbs in water weight and can't breathe. I rarely eat at drive thrus because of the sodium. When we eat out I get the lowest sodium items that are vegan. That usually means plain baked potato, broccoli, fries with no seasoning, rice, beans, and whatever else they can make. That's why I rarely eat out... There's no point to it for me. It's not fun or enjoyable when all they have that I can eat on the menu is steamed broccoli... I can make that at home

Cutting back by 30% so maybe off them Sunday.

Pretty good given that the regular ones same brand are 35 or 36 grams of carbs each.
I buy the extreme wellness flax tortillas these days. They look different than regular so hard to hide that switch. I think they taste fine.

https://olemex.com/products/high-fiber-low-carb-wrap/
My endocrinologist said if 50% or more of the carbs are from insoluble fiber 50% of the insoluble fiber can be subtracted from total carbs. That puts these at 11 grams roughly.
I'm going to have to reread this last part a few times before it makes sense.

I have only been watching sodium and sugar levels for the last few months...not for me though.

I don't know a thing about carbs.

I am now focusing on fiber and protein numbers.
Once I've got them down pat I'll figure out the carb stuff.

One or two at a time for me.

Oh dear! No more Taco Bell!! I stopped eating there years ago. Half because I got food poisoning and the other half because it’s just so unhealthy. I know all fast food is unhealthy but I think McDs and Taco Bell are at the top.
Taco bell is garbage. My cousin worked there many years ago and oh the horror stories... did you know they reheat and reuse the same meat for several days? maybe that has to do with the fact it makes people sick?🤢🤮pretty much everything is already cooked and packed then sent there.. reheat,reheat,reheat.. nothing is fresh to begin with.

Taco bell is garbage. My cousin worked there many years ago and oh the horror stories... did you know they reheat and reuse the same meat for several days? maybe that has to do with the fact it makes people sick?🤢🤮pretty much everything is already cooked and packed then sent there.. reheat,reheat,reheat.. nothing is fresh to begin with.
Good thing I never ate their meat 🤮 I just the beans and rice, but haven't in a very long time.

I'm going to have to reread this last part a few times before it makes sense.

I have only been watching sodium and sugar levels for the last few months...not for me though.

I don't know a thing about carbs.

I am now focusing on fiber and protein numbers.
Once I've got them down pat I'll figure out the carb stuff.

One or two at a time for me.
I had to be that way when I first went vegan. I had to get one part right then move onto the next part. It took almost 4 years to get everything 100%. Weird thing is I'm still losing weight from it. I didn't think I could lose anymore, but I won't complain.

For me, I have found that cutting out the bad carbs like sugar and bread actually make me feel better. It also made me realize how much sugar is in everything!

I have so many eggs right now that I’m about to go on an egg eating frenzy for the next three days. If I even last that long 🤣
My husband just brought in 8 eggs 😯 the girls are starting back up again. Soon it'll be 12 a day and I don't know what to do with them all 😂 I'll start giving them away

My husband used to love eating there. I don’t know why because shortly after eating that food he’d have to run to the men’s room. I dunno how he didn’t see that as a BAD thing. Thankfully he doesn’t eat there anymore either.

My husband used to love eating there. I don’t know why because shortly after eating that food he’d have to run to the men’s room. I dunno how he didn’t see that as a BAD thing. Thankfully he doesn’t eat there anymore either.
My oldest son loves the nachos from there 🙈 that's all he gets though. He actually started eating guacamole and tomatoes which shocked me. So in a way Taco Bell made my son eat better foods 😂 He loves lettuce, tomatoes, onions, guacamole all because of that place and now buys them at the grocery store to eat

Back
Top Bottom