We Quit Cigarettes

Same here. Crossing the central valley last year, we saw a chicken truck go by and my husband and I both found it extremely upsetting. I still can't think about it without getting upset. I haven't bought chicken from the store in the last 5 years. I don't even order it in restaurants. As hard as it is, to butcher a chicken you have raised from an egg, that truck is why I do it.

I'm glad there are others dieting along with me. I thought seriously about going vegan, when I started raising animals for food. I ended up deciding not to for various reasons, one of which is I am a bit of a carboholic. When I tried going vegan for a week, I actually didn't mind the food at all, but I was eating tons of bread, potatoes and pasta.

My strategy for weight loss now is two fold. First, I'm drastically reducing empty calories, which in my case, are potato chips, my evening cocktail, and dessert. Second, I'm eating slower and reducing portion size.

I'm adding in the 5 minute per hour get up and move thing.
And going vegan is a huge transition, but if you enjoy meat then it's probably what your body needs. I haven't even butchered any of our chickens yet. We have one left from the Halloween hatch that is a cockerel and we have a few others that we got from someone else that we thought might be pullets, but they aren't. So those 3 will be put on the table for my family.

I'm not sure if I will have an issue with butchering them, but I have euthanized a duckling that was having severe issues from a birth defect. I thought that I would have a very hard time with it, but I really didn't. So that's why I decided we could do meat chicks.

I hatch all of my own as well

Jesus Christ you are too young for this crap.
OH NO!!!! Get a test kit for finger poke testing, limit those carbs by eliminating candy, chips and soda then get to limiting pasta, rice, and bread at the very least.
STAY ACTIVE! Get up get moving. Use a step counter or whatever gets you motivated to move those big muscle groups.

A test meter, strips, lancing device and lancettes at Walmart will run only about $20.

Did they advise diet and exercise? Monitoring?

It was like a few years ago now and I never did anything to change it or anything :oops:

I’ve had it tested a couple times since and past time my blood sugar was still slightly high even with fasting but I don’t think it is prediabetic anymore. But idk.

I do need to eat better though. :oops:

I was doing well for a while but then fell back.

But I gave up soda a while ago and don’t really like candy or chips that much anymore but still eat it sometimes. I’ve been bad about the bread and carbs lately and the ice cream. :oops:

I eat way too many sweets and stuff and also will eat a ton at once.

Like the other day I had a muffin and a big bowl of ice cream :oops:

I need to work on it and actually get serious about it. I don’t really move enough either.

But at least now I’ve been trying to eat real meals. For a bit last year literally all I would eat was sugar sugar sugar. Whether it was toast and jelly or actual sweets/desserts or whatever, I barley ate any real meals if at all :oops:

I’ve gotten over that and usually do now even if it’s not the best.

I need to start cooking again but it takes so much time.

I'm not sure if I will have an issue with butchering them, but I have euthanized a duckling that was having severe issues from a birth defect. I thought that I would have a very hard time with it, but I really didn't. So that's why I decided we could do meat chicks.

I give you huge props for being vegan, yet willing to raise and butcher meat for your family.

It was like a few years ago now and I never did anything to change it or anything :oops:

I’ve had it tested a couple times since and past time my blood sugar was still slightly high even with fasting but I don’t think it is prediabetic anymore. But idk.

I do need to eat better though. :oops:

I was doing well for a while but then fell back.

But I gave up soda a while ago and don’t really like candy or chips that much anymore but still eat it sometimes. I’ve been bad about the bread and carbs lately and the ice cream. :oops:

I eat way too many sweets and stuff and also will eat a ton at once.

Like the other day I had a muffin and a big bowl of ice cream :oops:

I need to work on it and actually get serious about it. I don’t really move enough either.

But at least now I’ve been trying to eat real meals. For a bit last year literally all I would eat was sugar sugar sugar. Whether it was toast and jelly or actual sweets/desserts or whatever, I barley ate any real meals if at all :oops:

I’ve gotten over that and usually do now even if it’s not the best.

I need to start cooking again but it takes so much time.

That is a naughty way to live.
I don't want anyone to go through what I have because of not knowing what their body is doing inside.
Please get a test kit set up and test yourself. It comes with a booklet that tells you when to test timing wise.

Complications from diabetes are real and serious.

:confused:

I think they are supposed to limit carbs and sugars and stuff. I know I was prediabetic a while ago and they said to cut white bread and sugar and stuff like that and that simple carbs turn into sugar.
"Simple" carbs are the ones you have to avoid. Like highly refined stuff that have had all the fiber and nutrients stripped out: white sugar, white flour, processed potatoes, etc. But "complex" carbs in their natural state are great, so: fresh fruit and vegs, whole grains, potatoes with the skins on, etc. Eat food the way it comes from nature. Cook it yourself, if it comes in a package don't eat it!

Back
Top Bottom