We Quit Cigarettes

You will get a million different opinions on this. As I recall, you said you weigh around 130. Unless you're really short it's hard to imagine you need to or should lose weight. If you simply want to maintain your weight with incoming carb cravings, The thing to do is limit your intake of empty calorie carbs. The 50-150 recommended in the first couple of paragraphs is really low, and while I've seen this recommendation before, it's gonna be awfully hard to stick with--and you don't need to.

Limit flour products. A slice of bread or even a few crackers is a lot of carbs for not much in the way of vitamins. Nearly empty calories, including whole grains. You want nutrient-dense carbs like colorful veggies and fruits. It is easy to overdo the fruits though, especially the super sweet ones. Sweet potatoes [yams too) are better than starchy white (& etc.) ones. White potatoes are still good for you and rich in fiber, magnesium and other things, but they do spike your blood sugar so go easy. Avoid sugar in any color. Limit honey to unheated local in small amounts.

Cigarettes spoil your appetite; they don't keep you from absorbing calories as far as I know, so as long as you don't start eating more food or different (in a bad way) food, or becoming less active, you really don't need to alter your diet to maintain your current weight.
Sorry I assumed everyone knew that none of my diet talk is related to me/for me.
I should have been clear, my bad.

I'm about to read my toothpaste label I forget which kind is in mine. I use the burn your mouth mouthwash. My mouth doesn't feel clean enough if I use other kinds
i was involved in a study during dental school where we could not do anything for three weeks except rinse with listerine!! The things I will do for $$$! 🤣🤣🤣. i also participated in another study that was surgical bone grafting around a tooth!! I was voted “class pin cushion” so my hygiene classmates could be the first to be certified in local anesthesia! My patients can’t say that anything I do them is worse than what I’ve endured! :lau

But still!! Ours are like 60, 65 haha up in Maine some of them are 70 but I can’t imagine having the speed limit that high! :eek: I go that fast a lot but can’t imagine having everybody go that fast :eek:
Unless you're going a really long way, you don't save enough time speeding to make it worth the risk of tickets and bodily injury to yourself and others. Do the math. It's crazy. Totally pointless to speed unless you're going hundreds of miles and even then... I just don't speed. Why bother? It takes me an hour to get to town. If I drive 10 mph over the limit and don't get behind a slow person, I may save 4 minutes, but I lose all that at the first red light I hit. All speeding does is get me there at the beginning of the light instead of the end. There's just no point. I go the speed limit as long as it feels safe to do it--otherwise I slow down.

Why do they even sell the other kinds?
stannous fluoride is basically the “original” fluoride....prior to the newer formulations, it had a “reputation” for leaving a gritty, “not clean” feeling and also could stain the teeth. sodium fluoride was developed as the OTC alternative in the “evolution” of fluorides. APF fluorides are prescription fluoride that is really good for in-office use especially in children as they penetrate and protect better for longer term benefit of single dose.
Personally, I don’t make recommendations of any particular toothpastes based on fluoride type alone. If I see a patient that could benefit from additional fluoride, I typically recommend either adding a prescription paste such as prevident or mi paste or using OTC rinse like ACT or purple listerine. My personal toothpaste preference is arm&hammer brand based on formulation, cost, and personal experience.

stannous fluoride is basically the “original” fluoride....prior to the newer formulations, it had a “reputation” for leaving a gritty, “not clean” feeling and also could stain the teeth. sodium fluoride was developed as the OTC alternative in the “evolution” of fluorides. APF fluorides are prescription fluoride that is really good for in-office use especially in children as they penetrate and protect better for longer term benefit of single dose.
Personally, I don’t make recommendations of any particular toothpastes based on fluoride type alone. If I see a patient that could benefit from additional fluoride, I typically recommend either adding a prescription paste such as prevident or mi paste or using OTC rinse like ACT or purple listerine. My personal toothpaste preference is arm&hammer brand based on formulation, cost, and personal experience.
What kind of flouride does your toothpaste have in it?

What kind of flouride does your toothpaste have in it?
I got this:
JPEG_20200221_192218_5895696945003043073.jpg

Back
Top Bottom