We Quit Cigarettes

I know my education included enough instruction on reading EKG information to make me slightly more qualified than a googler but in no way an expert 😂 but maybe the home route....fitbit and/or OTC monitoring apps (mentioned by @CindyinSD could give you the info for self-monitoring without breaking the bank.....may also help with “peace of mind”
That's what I mean, I don't think I can access the ekg data myself when I'm wearing the holter monitor.

Was thinkin(not stinkingly-haha!) about the phrases that @sourland shared from the 12 step program. Another came to my mind from a participant at an NA meeting I attended long long ago. He said he was stuck thinking "I cannot use" and it bummed him out, he changed it to "I can not use" and it changed his whole demeanor. Have thought of it often over the years. Another more recent little helpful wordplay my cousin posted is instead of saying "I have to do this today" say "I get to do this today", that one has helped me turn my dark funk much lighter.
That's all, hope your day is going well @Kiki

Was thinkin(not stinkingly-haha!) about the phrases that @sourland shared from the 12 step program. Another came to my mind from a participant at an NA meeting I attended long long ago. He said he was stuck thinking "I cannot use" and it bummed him out, he changed it to "I can not use" and it changed his whole demeanor. Have thought of it often over the years. Another more recent little helpful wordplay my cousin posted is instead of saying "I have to do this today" say "I get to do this today", that one has helped me turn my dark funk much lighter.
That's all, hope your day is going well @Kiki

Amen, sista. The process starts with 'I cannot use', and then as we heal it becomes 'I can not use'. Well done @aart. Self trust and confidence takes a while to develop.

That's what I mean, I don't think I can access the ekg data myself when I'm wearing the holter monitor.
No, you can't see it. Too bad... as much as they cost to use, you ought to, but I suppose people would be on-line trying to diagnose that funny little wobble, scaring themselves into cardiac arrest... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom