We Quit Cigarettes

My daughter went through some major stuff when she was little. I found her a therapist. She saw him once a week from the time she was 7 till she was 16. I credit him with saving my little girl. He was 'just' a therapist but he was truly a godsend :)
Did you tell the therapist everything?
Kdog is going to be completely honest with her therapist next week.
Right Kdog?

Last edited:
My daughter went through some major stuff when she was little. I found her a therapist. She saw him once a week from the time she was 7 till she was 16. I credit him with saving my little girl. He was 'just' a therapist but he was truly a godsend :)

Therapists are perfectly valid and great. They go through tons and tons training. Not everybody can just become one. It takes years of school and special training.

I have yet to do this. I asked my Dr. about it a few years ago and he recommended that I wait. That was back when I was 40. I'm not looking forward to it. It does make me feel a little better about it since you said that it wasn't that bad. I'll get around to it eventually lol.
Hey girl!

It was nothing. A breeze.
It didn't even take a full fifteen minutes.

Twelve Steps of BYC Anonymous
1. We admitted we were powerless over BYC - that our watched threads list had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that giving up social networking could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our News Feed over to the posts of others.

4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our BYC posts and comments.

5. Admitted to God, ourselves, and in a BYC post the exact extent of our
addiction.

6. Were entirely ready to have all our passwords deleted.

7. Humbly removed all our photos.

8. Made a list of all the friends we don't know personally and became willing to un-follow or ignore them.

9. Un-followed people wherever possible, except when to do so would embarrass them or others.

10. Continued to take inventory of our posts and if we were posting too
frequently, promptly admit it.

11. Sought through personal contact to improve our face-to-face relationships
with real people, asking only for the willpower to avoid checking in on
BYC.

12. Having had an awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this
message to other BYC addicts...

...and immediately decided the best way to do this was by posting about our recovery on Facebook.

SERENITY PRAYER FOR BYC USERS

Lord, help me to post about the things I can change, to comment on the things
I cannot change, and the wisdom to know when to "like."

1. We admitted we were powerless over BYC - that our watched threads list had become unmanageable.

addiction.

8. Made a list of all the friends we don't know personally and became willing to un-follow or ignore them.

9. Un-followed people wherever possible, except when to do so would embarrass them or others.

BYC.

12. Having had an awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this

...and immediately decided the best way to do this was by posting about our recovery on Facebook.

:lau I love this!!

I wasn't saying they're all useless, but all the ones I went to in NH never did anything for me. I actually started talking to my husband about everything and it worked. I found a lot to keep my mind busy and I'm a lot better than I was 10 years ago.

Yeah I know but it seemed like everyone else is/was or like I’m stupid or wrong or lazy or whatever for going to one. I am trying to change and it took a lot to even start seeing one so to have it dismissed so easily is a little bit hurtful. Mine is helping. And I’m glad that your husband has helped you. Sometimes just talking it out with somebody, anybody, friends or family or whatever, can definitely help and that’s great and it may very well be enough for some people but they can only help so much. And I have a few other issues that I think only a professional can help with and that’s why I started going in the first place.

addiction.

BYC.

Step one....delete all watched threads.
I accidentally did this recently and although I thought I was going to die for a few minutes I did not.

Remember when we were talking about Wellbutrin for quitting smoking?

I was on that up until last year for depression. I took it for about a year and was having severe night terrors. Waking up screaming or throwing things across the room while sleeping or sitting up in bed while sleeping and staring into nothing. It also wasn't helping what I was taking it for.

I was switched to something else but that's my Wellbutrin story.

Back
Top Bottom