We Quit Cigarettes

I was just a baby.
I was too. Just turned 18 that year as well. My gosh I had a lot of dress. It had a ridiculous train. Lol. Oh how the fashion has changed! :lau

Attachments

• 5EC29D4E-E2CA-4279-8030-1DE8B195B850.jpeg
    5EC29D4E-E2CA-4279-8030-1DE8B195B850.jpeg
    406.1 KB · Views: 13
Get American buffs. They're the best. I have a pair that I'm hoping will hatch a clutch this spring. Give this weirdo your address, and I'll send you free eggs.

Quit smoking, dude. Geese don't like smoke.

Percival and Penelope. Percy is my favorite. He follows me around for meal worms. View attachment 2033394View attachment 2033395
omg they’re gorgeous!!!!!!! :eek:

Here's an easier idea than bottle baby calves. Kitten season is fast approaching, at least around here. Contact your local cat rescue and volunteer to take on bottle babies for them. Foster homes are hard to find for kittens, but especially hard to find for the ones that need special attention. If you don't know much about kittens, most good rescues will train you. If you'd rather not have tinies, take on the ones that are eating, but too young to adopt out, yet.
Is it hard to let them go? Sometimes! Nah, who am I kidding, it's ALWAYS hard to let them go, but like the foster motto says, "I let my heart break a little so theirs doesn't ever have to break again."
The real advantage to fostering kittens (and yes, I do foster, but no more bottle babies) is that, by the time they turn into cats, they've usually moved on to their adoptive homes. You can have a house full of kittens and never have a houseful of cats!
I like this idea. But I grew up a little today and stopped looking for impulse animals. :oops:

I want to add geese for sure and goats too but all in their appropriate time. I’ve got a guardian dog puppy coming soon. That will keep me busy!

@jolenesdad how did today go for you?
I’m calling it a wash. I rationalized all day long that I could smoke today because it was my quit day. I had one cigarette at 3:00. It was weird. Like this sad goodbye that I didn’t want to be a part of. And the most ridiculous body rush that I just tried to be aware of instead of latch on to. It was like I could feel how much my body was probably pissed off at me.

1 cigarette is huge for me anyway, but it’s not 0. Pressure is on for tomorrow. But really, I’m ready. I don’t think tomorrow will be hard ... this week will be trying but I can do it. I CAN NOT SMOKE. Thanks @aart.

WHAT! Go tell him to come back now!
He can stay here for while too.

My daughter was just in Houston last week. She just got back in town this past Monday. She had a convention or "show" or whatever they call it for her job. I'm honestly not sure exactly the why. It has to do with their facility or something. She works at a water park.

I understand! I get the same feeling doing Tai Chi - I LOVE it! And there really isn't a way to express it in words, is there? I remember going through my routine in a moonlit room, with a soft, warm Spring breeze blowing peeper song through the open window. My mind and body locked onto a small portion of the workout, and everything just fell into place, melting into an absolutely amazing experience. I know that sounds weird and fake, but it's not. It was one of the most "real" experiences I've ever had. The only thing that has ever topped it was the overwhelming connection I felt when first holding my newborns.
I think the word for it is called flow, but it doesn't do justification. At least not in our language.

1 cigarette is huge for me anyway, but it’s not 0. Pressure is on for tomorrow. But really, I’m ready. I don’t think tomorrow will be hard ... this week will be trying but I can do it. I CAN NOT SMOKE. Thanks @aart.

You can absolutely do this. Hold strong--we're all with you! :hugs

Stupid carbs! I ate 20 grams at dinner....normally a high amount for my tolerance level. Not tonight! Just tested and need to "make an adjustment". Doc wants me at ~130 to 150 at bedtime. I am at 86.

If I get below 100 I feel dizzy and like I might pass out.
Our oldest is way good at 100. If he gets 60 ish he gets pretty mean and cranky. Into the 30's, if you didn't know him, you'd think he was drunk. He's type 1, though. Poor kid :( Diabetes is such a tough deal. I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

July 30...both our birthdays are in July too his 5th and mine 7th
Our anniversary is July 30, too :)

Twelve Steps of BYC Anonymous
1. We admitted we were powerless over BYC - that our watched threads list had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that giving up social networking could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our News Feed over to the posts of others.

4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our BYC posts and comments.

5. Admitted to God, ourselves, and in a BYC post the exact extent of our
addiction.

6. Were entirely ready to have all our passwords deleted.

7. Humbly removed all our photos.

8. Made a list of all the friends we don't know personally and became willing to un-follow or ignore them.

9. Un-followed people wherever possible, except when to do so would embarrass them or others.

10. Continued to take inventory of our posts and if we were posting too
frequently, promptly admit it.

11. Sought through personal contact to improve our face-to-face relationships
with real people, asking only for the willpower to avoid checking in on
BYC.

12. Having had an awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this
message to other BYC addicts...

...and immediately decided the best way to do this was by posting about our recovery on Facebook.

SERENITY PRAYER FOR BYC USERS

Lord, help me to post about the things I can change, to comment on the things
I cannot change, and the wisdom to know when to "like."
Absolutely brilliant!

If I keep telling myself I won't I won't.
See, I'm learning how to trick my mind.
@Kiki has the willpower of a titan! We all need willpower lessons from Kiki! :bow

Back
Top Bottom