We Quit Cigarettes

This is why I need Kdog to go to the doctor now.

Tell her how ridiculous doctor stuff costs.
She doesn't believe me.
My last treatment experience with a doc was thumb surgery 10 year ago.
Surgery was covered but removing pins came after cobra ran out.
They were going to charge me $800 for each of two pins.
I asked doc to only charge me what they would have been paid,
which from watching the bills roll thru was about half.
He looked at me long and hard, we had a good rapport,
told the admin to just charge me for one pin instead of two.
Went to a doc recently, asked about that, they told me they can't do that anymore.
I won't go back, would rather die.

In that case, there will likely be a form that asks such questions.

Yeah there usually is but it’s just one question about it and I usually just say no. :oops: not really intentionally though. I just never really usually stick with any one supplement for long or even finish most of them and sometimes I am truly not taking anything when I go so I never really felt a need to.

Do you know your cholesterol levels? Blood pressure?

Last month when I had a the blood work crap done I found out my one vitamin level was off.
I was thinking I would have to start taking a multivitamin.
Dr said no...just take the one I need more of.

Yes lol my doctor is really good and they always do bloodwork every single time I go and they always do blood pressure. I thought that was part of every physical???? At least I think it’s blood pressure. They wrap that thing around my arm haha

And yeah, I guess I could probably ask. Idk.

I'm saying you not telling your doctor what you are putting in your body is very careless. Not that you take vitamins... Some day you'll understand for now you've taken it to the extreme and misconstrued my words to what you want.

That was not my intention at all..... also my post wasn’t even specifically about you. You haven’t really done that very much if at all. But it just seems like sometimes everyone freaks over the tiniest things. Maybe not this time but still hah and by freak I don’t even necessarily mean mean or bad or anything. Just shocked/worked up/whatever the word. Idk. But yeah, maybe I did misunderstand you and/or everybody else. But it was not intentional or some evil and malicious thing like you seem to think it is......

But saying “you’ve never seen someone so careless about their body and health” or whatever it was you said was a bit rude or whatever. Especially since it’s vitamins. Not drugs or anything. Maybe you really didn’t mean it that way and if so I’m sorry, truly, but that’s how it came across. Especially because the very reason I’m taking the vitamins in the first place is to be healthy.

But if I misinterpreted it, I’m sorry. I really do like you.

But if that was not the intent and the focus was solely on me not telling the doctor, then why was everybody talking so much about vitamin overdoses and acting like I’m going to drop dead over them???

I am truly not trying to argue with that. I am genuinely confused.

The K-K back an forth is ridiculous.

:lau

Fat soluble

thanks!

Doubt it. Think you have to ask to get them checked when you're her age.

Nahhh. My doctor always checks all of that stuff every single time. And the last doctor I had when I was a kid did too. We always got blood pressure and blood work.

That's where you were supposed to put everything that you take!

I will do it when I go in next. But there isn’t even much room there. It’s literally like one line.

No.
I'm telling you to go to get FULL blood panel done, diabetics check, cholesterol and blood pressure.
You need to know what your numbers are what your levels are before you start taking all this extra shit.

That’s all part of the physicals we get. My doctor does that stuff every single time. He’s even ordered a second blood test a bit later to double check the sugar numbers when they were high. And he’s ordered ultrasounds and other tests too.

I was taking it to try to be healthy or whatever but maybe I do not need to.

why would it be embarrassing to bring the vitamins or medications that you take to the doctor so that they can put them in their system???

I don't get how this could be embarrassing

When I have my home nurse I had to pull out all my medication and show her and I've also had to bring them to the hospital and show them... I don't see how it's embarrassing, everyone who goes to the hospital usually takes medication
An in home nurse is different though. So is a little tiny bottle of medicine or two. Bringing an entire apothecary of vitamins seems a tad much to me though. Idk. Maybe it’s not. But also these bottles are freaking huge which is why I was thinking it’d be embarrassing or ridiculous or whatever. It’s not like a discreet bottle I can hide haha I’d be walking in with several massive bottles. It looks a bit weird.

No no not because of that.
Trying to trick her in to going to her regular doctor to get all this done so she'll know her numbers..... Before her insurance runs out next month.

I'm trying to prevent her from blowing through her savings stash in one doctor visit.

She doesn't understand how expensive doctor's are when you have to pay cash.

:lau

I don’t need to be tricked! I’m not a child. :lau

I’m well aware I need all this stuff and my doctor automatically tests all of this stuff and also is good about noticing things and requesting extra tests if necessary so when I say “physical” I am meaning all of this stuff. It’s just easier to say physical rather than list every test.

And if the sugar is high again he will request another test or the A1C thing I am sure. He has requested several pelvic ultrasounds to check some weird thing I’ve got and even a heart ultrasound or echo or whatever the test is because he noticed I was supposed to go back 5 years after the last time just as a checkup so he got me in with him. He is very good about all of this. Don’t worry.

Also, just for the record, I do fully understand how expensive it is. I’m not an idiot lol that’s why I’m going ASAP before it runs out and same for the dentist and the therapy. I’m doing all of this now because I know it’s ending soon and I won’t be able to after haha

HA! They sell cigarettes you goofball.

Okay, touché :lau

Alcohol too!

Aren't a lot of those vitamins and stuff not FDA approved because they're not actual medication
I think so but idk. I thought vitamins were tested? I know most other supplements and stuff aren’t.

I can't help it.
I don't want her to die.
:lau I won’t!!! I’ve made it this far.

I had to ask to get this crap checked at my age.
:eek: :th mine does it all automatically!

The whole before her insurance runs out is the big deal.
I know which is why I said I was going this week lol I’m not an idiot. Hell, I’m the one who just brought it up to my parents yesterday that I was due for it. They didn’t even know/remember. I’m doing everything now before it runs out because I already know all of this.

Might be good to take it 'offline'(PM).
:lau she does that too. And text!

I don't think anyone is telling you to stop taking them.
Every drug and supplement is dangerous when you don't know why you're taking it and how much you should be taking.
And it is dangerous to see a medical professional for a problem but not tell them the whole picture. That's what the sheet is for... doofus. :smack
It might not seem like a big deal, and maybe it never will be for you. But doctors see stuff like that ALL the time, where there is a clear problem but the patient withheld information that would've made a diagnosis 10x easier.
Thanks! I’m sure you’re right but it just seemed like everyone was like “ahhhhh overdose!! You’re gonna drop dead from taking so many!!” :lau maybe not though lol

But you make good points... honestly though usually when I go, it’s not for a problem. It’s just for the physical and I usually feel fine so I don’t mention it. Also last time I wasn’t taking anything. I only recently started taking these.

Now that I know it could potentially be a problem, I will tell him haha

DH had to stop all his supplements when he got his bone marrow transplant. So many meds interact unpredictably with so many supplements that the docs often have no way of knowing which ones can play nice with which (or which combination of) others.

Unless you have a specific diagnosed lack in some area, it's pretty easy to supply many times your RDA with diet alone. Some exceptions are vitamin D if you don't get much sun exposure (like you live in the friggin' FROZEN NORTH like we do 🙄) and (for menstruating women in particular) iron. Eat a "rainbow" of healthy foods and you won't need supplements with those two possible exceptions. This assumes you don't abuse alcohol, tobacco, weed, other drugs, and don't have health issues requiring additional nutrients.

Well, that’s why I thought I’d start taking it. Because I eat like shit haha but then again even lucky charms are fortified now :lau

But I actually only started taking the multivitamins and the B12 because my mom bought them but they’re gummies and I don’t really like them anyway and loaded with sugar so I think I’m going to stop taking them.

But I do take two other single ones that someone recommended for the migraines and said their neurologist won’t even see people for it unless they’re taking them so I got them and they do seem to help me a lot. But I haven’t told the doctor yet but mostly because I started taking them well after the last physical. Now that I know I should be telling them, I will at the next one.

On my third day of chantix... wish me luck. Already down from two packs a day to about a pack a day. This is the roughest part I think. When I get to this point my severe anxiety kicks in...
Wwweooooottttt!
Don't start worrying...the medicine is going to work.

What day are you going to stop?

Back
Top Bottom