We Quit Cigarettes

I mostly like them because I think they're beautiful... and because they're kind of off-beat... and definitely warm. The hood is definitely impractical if you like seeing but great if you require anonymity. (Though it would sure get you noticed, so there's that...) :lau
I only use the hood when I want people to leave me alone. It works. :cool:

I broke down and smoked today. We all have that ONE friend, who compels us to our worst. I got incredibly dizzy smoking just the tiny bit that I did. Not the end of the world, but my day count starts over again tomorrow morning. I do feel guilty, but I still consider it an accomplishment to have gone the better part of a week without. I know I can do this. I may have to not see that one friend very often anymore, which will be really hard for me.
While I do wonder how much the Chantix helps, it isn't currently an option for me.

I hope I don't smell too awful tomorrow.

@KDOGG331 Let me say:
I am pretty new here, so I don’t have a whole lot of context. I don’t know what has happened on other threads at other times.

But I will say this: Sometimes in life, people try to give us advice. It may not be advice we want to hear. And it may not be advice we understand. And for God’s sake, it might be advice that is really, really annoying because it sounds like they are saying that you have done something wrong.

But no matter the advice, and no matter who gives it, it is just someone‘s way of trying to help. And even if it is help you don’t need, always appreciate that someone cares about you enough to try to give it.

-Reid (That’s my name.)
My grandmother's last name was Reid. Don't see it spelled like that often :)

I broke down and smoked today. We all have that ONE friend, who compels us to our worst. I got incredibly dizzy smoking just the tiny bit that I did. Not the end of the world, but my day count starts over again tomorrow morning. I do feel guilty, but I still consider it an accomplishment to have gone the better part of a week without. I know I can do this. I may have to not see that one friend very often anymore, which will be really hard for me.
While I do wonder how much the Chantix helps, it isn't currently an option for me.

I hope I don't smell too awful tomorrow.
Sometimes we try and fail. As long as we keep trying, that's what matters. I don't think you failed today, you just had a hiccup. Back at'er tomorrow :hugs

Thank you to all for the support!

We are in a grey area. They wouldn’t do an ultrasound because it’s after hours.:barnie

she just ran up against a wall this afternoon suddenly. Virtually nonexistent red blood cells. It’s either a tumor rupturing or some immune disease that has a 50% chance of resolving with steroids. iMHA I think it’s called. I was hoping to do the ultrasound to know if we could find the tumor and know that was it so we could make the right decisions. She is too old and it’s also too costly to treat anything cancerous anyway, but it just doesn’t feel right to make a call without knowing.

we went ahead and started the steroid treatment and are back at home for the night. Tomorrow morning we will regroup and decide if we try the ultrasound or what we do based on her behavior.

Thank you to all for the support!

We are in a grey area. They wouldn’t do an ultrasound because it’s after hours.:barnie

she just ran up against a wall this afternoon suddenly. Virtually nonexistent red blood cells. It’s either a tumor rupturing or some immune disease that has a 50% chance of resolving with steroids. iMHA I think it’s called. I was hoping to do the ultrasound to know if we could find the tumor and know that was it so we could make the right decisions. She is too old and it’s also too costly to treat anything cancerous anyway, but it just doesn’t feel right to make a call without knowing.

we went ahead and started the steroid treatment and are back at home for the night. Tomorrow morning we will regroup and decide if we try the ultrasound or what we do based on her behavior.
Hoping for the best with your doggie!!

Back
Top Bottom