We Quit Cigarettes

The chickens grew cherry tomatoes in the chicken run a couple years ago. I put cages around them and got beautiful foliage and fruit. At the first cold snap, something changed and the chickens stripped all the leaves they could reach. All of them lived. I thought it was interesting. No clue why. Something like the brassicas getting sweeter with cold weather?
Well, tomato foliage is reputed to be poisonous, and I had always simply accepted the claims as gospel. DH bought me a (ridiculously expensive state university press) book on local mushrooms. I was shocked to learn that most of the mushrooms they recommended against eating were unpalatable and/or tough and that even the poisonous ones weren't usually deadly (even the much-feared flyspeck Aminita).

I began to wonder about other plants--bindweed/creeping jenny, part of the morning glory family whose seeds and to a lesser degree leaves, are supposed to be hallucinogenic (barely, but you'd have to eat a LOT.) Cautionary tales, apparently.

Anyway, here is a link to one of many articles I just searched on tomato foliage: https://www.thekitchn.com/are-tomato-leaves-actually-poisonous-222259 It turns out it's a quite nice green. 🤷‍♀️ Question everything.

Well, tomato foliage is reputed to be poisonous, and I had always simply accepted the claims as gospel. DH bought me a (ridiculously expensive state university press) book on local mushrooms. I was shocked to learn that most of the mushrooms they recommended against eating were unpalatable and/or tough and that even the poisonous ones weren't usually deadly (even the much-feared flyspeck Aminita).

I began to wonder about other plants--bindweed/creeping jenny, part of the morning glory family whose seeds and to a lesser degree leaves, are supposed to be hallucinogenic (barely, but you'd have to eat a LOT.) Cautionary tales, apparently.

Anyway, here is a link to one of many articles I just searched on tomato foliage: https://www.thekitchn.com/are-tomato-leaves-actually-poisonous-222259 It turns out it's a quite nice green. 🤷‍♀️ Question everything.
My bearded dragon LOVES bindweed. Maybe she and I need to have a talk about substance abuse :gig

I'm not ashamed to admit I have Star Wars costumes for my kids, my dogs & even my mannequin.
I have to ask. Is your mannequin for business or pleasure? Maybe I should rephrase that...🤔
I just recently gave my mannequin to my granddaughter. She (mannequin) was just fun to hang around with. She never corrected me when I ended a sentence with a preposition.

I have to ask. Is your mannequin for business or pleasure? Maybe I should rephrase that...🤔
I just recently gave my mannequin to my granddaughter. She (mannequin) was just fun to hang around with. She never corrected me when I ended a sentence with a preposition.
I'm dead.

Back
Top Bottom