We Quit Cigarettes

Call them and ask ;)
I think they're probably really slow. People have been posting pics of their local hospitals (inc NYC) and the parking lots, sidewalks are empty. It's weird. You hear about them being "war zones,"esp in big cities. We haven't driven by our hospital in a while, but I'll bet almost no one's there.

Okay my update...
As a Type 2 diabetic, I have always been told that diet and exercise would drop my a1c numbers. I have been on high doses of insulin (50 units) for a number of years...and that creates havoc with my pancreous making my own insulin.
My endocrinology PRN recently said I would always be insulin dependent.
I disagreed and did a lot of research and then visited with my
GP doctor. To help reduce the dependence on artificial insulin, he put me on a morning dose of Januvia and advised me to work on losing some weight by adjusting my diet to more vegetables and proteins and less sugars.
In addition, in early February my rheumatologist added Plaquenil for my osteoarthritis which has a side effect of lowering blood sugars.
I have lost 15 pounds so far. My fasting blood sugars have been coming down slowly as I have tried to be religious about my eating habits. (Hard when hubby loves sweets)
I have fasting morning blood sugars this past week that range from 79 - 121 compared to 125 - 272 six weeks ago.
My GP told me this morning in a phone conference that if I can maintain this improvement for two more weeks, he will call my endocrinology doctor to suggest a reduction in the amount of insulin I take.
My A1C was 12.7 December 2018. I lost 50 pounds and took my LIFE seriously. December 2019, A1C was 6.4. Quit smoking in January 2020 and put on 23 pounds to date...😥 but still nicotine free.

I am going to win.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.
I don't know if I should cancel it or go.
I was supposed to have a 6 month dr appt last Friday, but the office called to reschedule for later. I had two prescriptions that were expiring so I asked if we could do a phone conference.
Did that this morning.
I'm not set up for visual conference since my phone is a
Galaxy 5.

Okay all. Checking in for the day. Rainy and uneventful for the most part. Got a few groceries with the Wal-Mart pick up service, had not tried that before. Got the T-posts for fence projects, the fencing itself has not arrived yet. School started all online yesterday. Spaghetti for dinner, moderate but not huge snacking today. Trying to teach the toddlers yoga, the bigger one can do a couple poses (when he wants to) now. Didn't smoke. Not a lot to report.

Back
Top Bottom