We Quit Cigarettes

Okay my update...
As a Type 2 diabetic, I have always been told that diet and exercise would drop my a1c numbers. I have been on high doses of insulin (50 units) for a number of years...and that creates havoc with my pancreous making my own insulin.
My endocrinology PRN recently said I would always be insulin dependent.
I disagreed and did a lot of research and then visited with my
GP doctor. To help reduce the dependence on artificial insulin, he put me on a morning dose of Januvia and advised me to work on losing some weight by adjusting my diet to more vegetables and proteins and less sugars.
In addition, in early February my rheumatologist added Plaquenil for my osteoarthritis which has a side effect of lowering blood sugars.
I have lost 15 pounds so far. My fasting blood sugars have been coming down slowly as I have tried to be religious about my eating habits. (Hard when hubby loves sweets)
I have fasting morning blood sugars this past week that range from 79 - 121 compared to 125 - 272 six weeks ago.
My GP told me this morning in a phone conference that if I can maintain this improvement for two more weeks, he will call my endocrinology doctor to suggest a reduction in the amount of insulin I take.
That's great to read. Keep it up.

As a proof positive to this there was a series that aired on TV about a decade ago now.... I think. It was a semi-documentary type show that followed about 15-20 folks that were selected with the approval of their doctors - without it they couldn't go to the ranch in AZ for the month long program. The shows series when for quite a while longer then the 4 weeks in AZ & had the cliche solo interviews interspersed with the visits with their doctors. It was so facinating seeing their lives normalize and listen to their frankness about the experience.

I don't recall which station but, I thought it was a discovery channel show?

I just went to my appointment.
She said I could have tele-healthed the appointment...🙄 No one else was there in the office.
View attachment 2069305
I'll pick up my final pack of Chantix today.
She said I have the option and it's up to me if I want to take Chantix for one more month after this final pack or not.
I think I am going to choose not.
I think I will be okay without the pills.
Those are great numbers kiddo!
That temp is kinda funny. That's my "normal temp" even since I was struck by lightning in the Navy. 97.2-97.6 to be precise.

BTW congrats on 43 days... I missed congrats on yesterday's awesome number 42!

Anywho. (Waves)

Those are great numbers kiddo!
That temp is kinda funny. That's my "normal temp" even since I was struck by lightning in the Navy. 97.2-97.6 to be precise.

BTW congrats on 43 days... I missed congrats on yesterday's awesome number 42!

Anywho. (Waves)
My temp is always a little on the low side...so normal for me.

So I know y'all have an appreciation for food. How about Foodie TV folks?

How about a informative yet, actually funny PSA video that a famous Foodie personality made about hand washing....

This guy is apparently known as the "Bill Nye, Science Guy" of the Foodie TV folks.

He made two videos.
1) I saw was funny
2) I have not seen but, step-sonnwho shared the 1st spilled the beans on this one's ending as he was assuming he was showing this darker humour ending version when he showed me the 1st.

I'll share the links here is you'll would like?

Dang, that is really small!
Her parents are tiny, fancy things.
20200224_135359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom