We Quit Cigarettes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3743657.stm
I've seen raw steaks... raw and rare are different things....
Really, it's quite annoying to grill a steak, slice it open to check for doneness, and have to put it back on the grill for another five minutes when you're hungry.
However, what you eat is your decision, so I will just stop myself right here before this turns into some heated debate over steak.
Now, were it a heated debate over something like, say, putting buttercream or some other kind of frosting on brownies, then I'd be interested... however, that is, again, purely opinion. My opinion on putting frosting on brownies is that, if the brownie recipe is good enough, it does not need the frosting, as the frosting hides the brownie flavor and add unnecessary carbohydrates and calories. If the brownie recipe needs frosting, then the brownie recipe is not worth your time.
Again, opinion.
(Please don't take the brownie thingima too seriously -- that was just me trying to be silly. That being said, however, I never put frosting on my brownies -- they taste fine as is and don't need the extra carbs).
No don't back down when you're right. The only good brownie frosting is the kind you get when they're almost-not-quite done--preferably in the middle, not the top. Otherwise frosting with brownies is an abomination. :rant

Last edited:
I agree with that, but I feel that most goals are "out of reach" for me. I have trouble attending anything consistently. A decent amount of the variance underlying that inability could probably be attributed to my sleep disorder, but there are probably other factors involved as well. I haven't managed to attend school too consistently since 5th grade. I feel like an "in reach" future for me would contain a sequence of minimum wage jobs as my career, and I wouldn't find that personally fulfilling.

I didn't really prepare for the science practice test, so I'm lucky that I got a "sufficient" score, but it also makes me feel like I'm quite lazy. I doubt I'd even get a passing score on the math part of the test.
View attachment 2082692
I also doubt I'll score at or above 175 on the real science test, even though I did get 175 on the practice test.
I think perfectionism IS often a form of laziness. The perfectionist wants a perfect score but doesn't want to put in the hard time studying for it. Why? Partly because it's not fun, partly because of laziness. Fear. OTOH, we are all good at different things. For me, just passing the math would be very good. Sure I'd rather get a perfect score, but no biggie. I'll save that for language arts, etc.

If you fail the math part, you can repeat it. 🤷‍♀️ But you won't fail. Trust me on this. You'll do better than you think.

I haven't actively used a thesaurus in at least a decade & a 1/2 for me personally. I have occasionally with kiddos for their class work a little bit over the last few years. Mostly telling them to look it up; after all it's a tool they should be comfy with. Occasionally they didn't agree or believe me & I'd suggest to prove me wrong. I don't mind being wrong- heck I make tons of mistakes & I've joked about being, "more human than human" for all the mistakes & failures I have.... To borrow a lyric which is still quite fun.:p

And please understand that this is how my brain works. I'm not a fan of profanity and have been teased about this 'larger then normal vocabulary' alot over the decades- IRL as well as online.

Cheers.
@electrycmonk It was a joke, I have a strange sense of humor. Have never owned a thesaurus and had to look up how to spell it :lau :oops: I can't spell either. No harm meant, :hugs I truly appreciate your vocabulary (but i still swear like a sailor :oops:) Can we appreciate each other's humor and still be BYC friends? :frow

@electrycmonk It was a joke, I have a strange sense of humor. Have never owned a thesaurus and had to look up how to spell it :lau :oops: I can't spell either. No harm meant, :hugs I truly appreciate your vocabulary (but i still swear like a sailor :oops:) Can we appreciate each other's humor and still be BYC friends? :frow
Why of course we can stay friends here and eventually IRL -if we ever meet. strange things do happen in life. I have learned, painfully sometimes that my differently wired brain sets some folks off. I know that its just a part of life. (shrugs)..... FWIW I "was a sailor" who didn't swear. :plbb

I too have a strange sense of humour. My dyslexia can be quite a hurdle sometimes as well.

I quit smoking in December and it sucked
I’m doing great but there are times I still feel
Like im
Dying for a ciggerette and I get so upset I’m like come onnn man it’s been long enough I shouldn’t have these strong cravings any more , but that being said it’s only occasionally and I’m doing well over all
Just keep swimming

Why of course we can stay friends here and eventually IRL -if we ever meet. strange things do happen in life. I have learned, painfully sometimes that my differently wired brain sets some folks off. I know that its just a part of life. (shrugs)..... FWIW I "was a sailor" who didn't swear. :plbb

I too have a strange sense of humour. My dyslexia can be quite a hurdle sometimes as well.

I am available to teach you both, and any one else about my sense of humor, as a training aid so you can all be as normal as me...

For a small up charge...

:lau

I quit smoking in December and it sucked
I’m doing great but there are times I still feel
Like im
Dying for a ciggerette and I get so upset I’m like come onnn man it’s been long enough I shouldn’t have these strong cravings any more , but that being said it’s only occasionally and I’m doing well over all
Just keep swimming
Good job! Keep it up

Thousands of years ago our ancestors learned they could cook meat and get more out of the meat so our brains could grow. We became smarter and healthier because of this well cooked meat...we became civilized.

The descendants of those that did not cook their meat are pretty much the way they were thousands of years ago....

Can you tell I like my meat cooked?

:lau :lau
Looking for a definition........which group might that be?

Back
Top Bottom