We Quit Cigarettes

Coffee is good for you in moderation. For most of my life I didn't drink it and felt pretty dam self-righteous about it, but it turns out it's a vitamin (to me at least). It has definitely helped my fight against depression (though menopause probably helped, too) :lau It often helps headaches. It alleviates asthma symptoms. A lot of these things have been studied, but I'm just relaying my own experiences.

I don't even like the taste, but I'm not willing to make it into a desert, so I usually drink it black, maybe with some cocoa or pumpkin pie spice sprinkled on. As I've gotten older, I find it does keep me awake if I drink it after noon, so I just have my (giantish) "cup" in the morning and I'm good for the day.

Unless you have cardiac symptoms or some other unwanted side-effects, I see no benefits to giving up coffee. You WILL likely have headaches if you quit (this is a withdrawal symptom as you probably know) and for most, only lasts a few days.
I don’t like coffee but I do like tea and I have discovered similar... it definitely helps my mood. :D must be the caffeine in general maybe. And I’m way more alert/aware/sharper :lau

How are the quitters doing this evening?

@electrycmonk Bacon wrapped yumminess for dinner tonight!

Attachments

• 20200606_194244.jpg
    20200606_194244.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 4
Meth addicts claim the same benefits from meth.
Truth spoken loud and clear. I have witness IRL this truth! And, it's not something you can UNsee or unlearn as they ab-so-stinkin-lutely believe it with such devotion it's imo worse then the cocaine addition folks admissions about the addiction they have.....

How are the quitters doing this evening?

@electrycmonk Bacon wrapped yumminess for dinner tonight!
Food prOn is ALWAYS a bonus for my eyes!
Especially bacon. You do recall the pic I uploaded in a thread about bacon being the duct tape for the kitchen right?

Back
Top Bottom