Addiction

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JenniferJoIN, Sep 14, 2007.

1. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    The other day, my boyfriend and I went to the local feed store to get who-knows-what and they have more baby chicks!

My first chickens (13) are only 10 days old and already I was eyeing more! [​IMG] You guys weren't kidding when you talk about addiction! [​IMG]

2. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    heheheh [​IMG]

3. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    Oh yeah. Don't look at us for help. We're enablers. My 5 week olds moved out 2 days ago and I'm already "just thinking about" some more.

Enjoy your chicks! [​IMG]

4. Ma

Ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Camanche, Iowa
    We give new meaning to the phrase "empty nest syndrome"................[​IMG]

5. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Yeah.. let's see.. when hubby and I first talked about this it was 2.. then I talked him into 3..

Now we have 10 nearly egg-laying, and three babies in the house.. and we're both waiting for hatchable eggs in the spring... LOL! He keeps talking about expanding the coop, and I told him the bigger it is the more chickens we'll have!

-Meghan

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  6. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Yup, we've got 10 chickens, 5 more on the way...and someone is getting an incubator for CHRISTMAS! [​IMG]

Seriously, it is an addiction. *snuffles* I know, because I'm going through chicken withdraw right now because I didn't get to cuddle Tiberius tonight. Was at work too late. [​IMG] I swear, I should make her a chicken diaper and bring her inside and make her sleep with me. And get another rooster so I can make more Tiberius-ettes. Or just sneakily add onto my current order......[​IMG] "gee, I dunno what happened! They must be peanut packing chicks!"

Plus that; my boss was telling me today that I need to stop buying chickens/chicken related things so I can put money into my retirement fund.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  7. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    [​IMG]

They had Americaunas (sp?) at the feed store and I was thisclose to sneaking one home. DB wouldn't notice just one more, right? hee hee.

I think once we start getting eggs he'll want more too. He keeps talking about 'the best omelette in the world' that he's going to make. [​IMG]

8. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    The feed store had more chicks this late in the season? Oh heaven help me if the one near me does that! I can't resist baby chicks and my husband would go bananas if I brought more home. We are busy winterizing. It's all I can do to wait 'til next spring.

9. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Nothing like chicken addiction! [​IMG] My DH was fussing when I first ordered 25 now he races out to gather eggs and gets upset if he doesn't get to gather any. He always made fun of me talking to my girls [​IMG] Now he is [​IMG]

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Yea, this site is a big enabler. Cheers for the 4,000th member! Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by