Addictive chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CANDLE98, Feb 5, 2009.

1. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Chickens is all I talk about, all I think about and I am on this site all day long! Seriously my 4 year old asks me what I am doing and then she answered "oh you are looking at chickens again" HA HA! I can't help it. I have 25 chicks 5 weeks old in my garage (10 roos that need to go!) and all I can think about is ordering more chicks so I can have a whole bunch of different chickens.

My husband is out working on the coop and I want to make it HUGE so I can get a bunch more chicks. Am I going crazy?

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Awww... this is how the craze starts.... I'm still in deep.... so deep infact my chickens are out sitting on eggs to hatch for me!!!

Hatching is the NEXT addictive step...

I think there is a 12 step program here... but its 12 steps to being a true addict and not 12 steps on how to reform from it! LOL [​IMG]

3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Sounds like you crossed over from going to all the way there crazy [​IMG] You are in great company now [​IMG]

12 step programs are for quitters! [​IMG]

4. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    You're no more crazy than the rest of us! I was just telling my hubby how I love this site. I'm in here on and off all day.

We started with 6 hens and a rooster that were given to us. I thought - oh cool free eggs. Now, we have bought a breeding rooster and we are picking up 11 more chicks. We have two already and should be getting 5 more next week.

Then next week we are driving to GA to pick up 3 more roosters to increase my breeding lines. And I'm waiting for a guy to email me about some Polish birds.

Lastly, we may end up with the hens a gal at church has cause her husband just isn't that into them.

What started out a just a few free birds for eggs has turned into breeding rare varieties and breeds - 4 total breeds and 3 varietis of one of the breeds!!

Help me Jesus, I've become obsessed! But they are SOOOOOOO cool!!!

5. CANDLE98

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Yeah I don't need a 12 step, I am not interested in quitting just yet!! The next thing I need to learn is all the little smiley faces you guys use!

6. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My husband is the one who suggested I came to me "Crazy Chicken Friend" site to ask for the help with that contest....

He said he was not only sure they would help, but be appreciative for the all the chicken and egg recipes they were going to get!

Gimme another month or 2... I've had hubby on here every night after work. I'll bring him over to the dark side yet! [​IMG]

7. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

The first step is to admit there's a problem.....

8. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:When you post a reply of to the right of where you are typing you should see this Smilies [show] [hide] click on "show" then click on the smilie you want....done! Make sure that there is a space on both sides of the smilie or it will look like:barnie instead of this [​IMG] !
    [​IMG]

9. Hen'nbiddies

Hen'nbiddies Out Of The Brooder

I think I have figured out where some of this craziness comes from. When we stop having our own babies we start hatching eggs!

10. CANDLE98

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Okay [​IMG] I am the coolest ever! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by