Adding a fan to a still air incubator??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmericanMom, Feb 9, 2014.

1. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    Ok, so I just went in and decided to do a bit of test candling (I know, but its so hard to not look before the 7 days are up).. I have 41 in my Hova Bator 160N Still air....Once thing that has me a bit concerned, the extreme back row of eggs on the auto turner are cool to the touch, the others are slightly, not much, but slightly warmer, enough to be able to tell the difference. I candled and the ones in the middle have veining, the ones on the back have the start of veining...I know enough to NOT make changes to the incubator now, but before I incubate again I thought about installing a small computer fan, anyone have a step by step instruction guide they could point me to?

2. BenjaminTN

BenjaminTN New Egg

Feb 9, 2014
    I'm not AT ALL an expert on incubators.. but I do know that virtually all computer case fans run on 12 volts.

You may be able to run one off of a plug-in transformer.

3. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I know I can run a 12v fan on a 12v phone charger, Is that what your saying?[​IMG]

My nephew is a computer geek and has a lot of these fans laying around... Its hooking it up and the instructions on how and where to place it that I am wondering about..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by