Adding a Roo

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DraigAthar, Nov 20, 2011.

1. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    I've been in contact with Othala Acres to get one of her Dominique roos, going to drive over there today and hopefully come home with one. On Friday I emailed the hubby about it from work, to make sure he could get some quarantine housing set up for the new roo. I called him on my lunch break to discuss the details and he answered the phone with, "So, you wanna buy a cock?" I laughed, because of course I still have the mind of a 12 year old. [​IMG]

Amy

2. TinkyFeathers

TinkyFeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    Haha!

Have fun, I looooved every single rooster I had plsu my current one! [​IMG]

3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] Glad to hear you're adding to your flock! [​IMG]

4. Chido

Chido Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
    Quote:You are not the only one who makes cock jokes. I have a huge light brahma rooster, and the people I play world of warcraft with often say "So chido, can we see a picture of your big fat cock?" The funny part is that I'm an old girl and I just play along, telling these guys my cock is so big it can't be measured in inches but in pounds.

Hope this post isn't too offensive with the play of words [​IMG]

5. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    [​IMG] I love roos heres my boys, good luck with yours
    [​IMG]

6. DraigAthar

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    Quote:Hahahahaha, well I didn't find it offensive, it made me laugh quite a lot. [​IMG]

Amy

7. DraigAthar

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    Oh, and of course I went over expecting to pick up one adult roo, and instead I came home with three 7-week old chicks, two roos and a pullet. Gah. I couldn't help myself. But the hubby joked with me, saying that I went down there meaning to buy one cock but they were smaller than I anticipated so I came home with two. [​IMG]

Amy

8. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:You are not the only one who makes cock jokes. I have a huge light brahma rooster, and the people I play world of warcraft with often say "So chido, can we see a picture of your big fat cock?" The funny part is that I'm an old girl and I just play along, telling these guys my cock is so big it can't be measured in inches but in pounds.

Hope this post isn't too offensive with the play of words [​IMG]

I giggled like a 12 year old girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by