1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Adding more to the family

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by atravers, Feb 27, 2016.

1. atravers

atravers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2015
    I just wanted to share that I'm adding three more chicks to my brood. A Blue and Lavender Orpington and a Partridge Cochin. They will arrive in June and couldn't be more excited !!!! I never thought I would love chicken this much!

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

You might be interested in serama bantams. This is Wart; a truly wonderful pet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Lucky you, enjoy!!! [​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Nice birds! I love Serama chickens, don't have any yet, but some day, I may! Thanks for sharing.

5. Sanebychicks

Sanebychicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Colorful Colorado!
    I just ordered 3 more also arriving in late June! I ordered them because I thought I was losing one of my girls who thankfully recovered. I have time to cancel, but jeez I want those little chicks!!! I really don't need more chickens! Can 3 more really hurt? Can you tell I am going to have a hard time canceling that order? [​IMG]

6. Sanebychicks

Sanebychicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Colorful Colorado!
    Oh and I am getting a Lavender Orpington as well. I got one a couple years ago, but lost her at 15 weeks. Still the hardest loss I've had with my chickens. I already have a cochin, white. She is beautiful! Be prepared for the broodiness, otherwise she is a good layer.

7. atravers

atravers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2015
    Love, love my Orpingtons! Can't wait for them. I have nine chickens so what's another three gonna do.

8. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    Just about the time you cancel the order something will happen and... Like another posts says, "...what's another three gonna to do".

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by