Adding more

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by seminolewind, Feb 2, 2009.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    How can you add more chickens without DH knowing? He does let them out in the morning and give them scratch and oatmeal cookies.

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck.
    I just break down and tell that I am getting more chickens, then tell him it is like his screwdrivers you can never have to many.

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Just learn to be more sneaky! I'll send you eggs, just tell him you don't even know how that happened but since they are there, you better get them in the bator! [​IMG]

4. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Best to come clean.

5. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:This gives me an idea. I will have to search for something that DH has 30 of. I have 21 chooks now, if I find something..........30..............

6. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:LOL, Riderken did that about 4 months ago with EE's. Didn't want him to and I had to show DH the posts where I said thanks but no thanks. But I certainly would try again sometime, LOL

7. Ferngully

Ferngully Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    N.E. Florida
    [​IMG] seminolewind

I was only going to have 10-12, went up to 29 yesterday and have 8 eggs in the bator. All since the 2nd week of December. The hard part isn't getting them in, the hard part is all the quarantine pens til they can join the rest. I have one coop and 4 other pens going besides what is in the house and brooder [​IMG]

Figure out the justifications for more and present it to them with a favorite meal. If that doesn't work, then .....
    "
    "Jeez where did those come from" [​IMG] Somebody must have dumped them on us", works for puppy's and kittens why not chickens.

8. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Im tellin ya, no good can come of all this trickery. Just proclaim your chicken addiction and get some more.

9. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:[​IMG]

Fern, at the next meet I will help you out by handcuffing you and putting duct tape over your mouth!
    Are you the one that took possession of that white EE?

10. Ferngully

Ferngully Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    N.E. Florida
    [​IMG] uh yeah, she spends most of her day in the house strutting around, and comes and goes in and outside when she feels like it. She rides around on DD shoulder like a parrot and her name is Winter. [​IMG] I am coming to the next swap, but.....I think I am at my limit for chickens now lol. I am just coming for the fun.

Oh wait there is DH golden phoenix I have to get and oh I need some........ addiction taking over.....have to go take my meds now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by