Adding new chicks to current brood.

jploria116

Chirping
Mar 12, 2023
Hi,
So I picked up 5 chicks on Saturday. It was supposed to be 7 but the farms last hatch was all roosters. Tomorrow I will be picking up the other two. My current chicks are 1 Blue plymouth, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 black maran and 2 Easter eggers. The two tomorrow will either be 2 buff orpingtons, or 1 buff Orpington and 1 blue plymouth. So it’s been less than a week. The farm said it won’t be an issue to add them with my current ones I picked up last Saturday. Any tips on adding the new ones? I only have 1 feeder, 1 waterer and 1 heat plate. I’ll add a picture on my set up.

Attachments

• 74D7E104-162A-474B-983C-FEA08E2A790A.jpeg
    74D7E104-162A-474B-983C-FEA08E2A790A.jpeg
    668.4 KB · Views: 31
Hi,
So I picked up 5 chicks on Saturday. It was supposed to be 7 but the farms last hatch was all roosters. Tomorrow I will be picking up the other two. My current chicks are 1 Blue plymouth, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 black maran and 2 Easter eggers. The two tomorrow will either be 2 buff orpingtons, or 1 buff Orpington and 1 blue plymouth. So it’s been less than a week. The farm said it won’t be an issue to add them with my current ones I picked up last Saturday. Any tips on adding the new ones? I only have 1 feeder, 1 waterer and 1 heat plate. I’ll add a picture on my set up.
How old are they?

Hi,
I’m doing same currently have 2 red sexlinks 2 Buff Orpingtons 2 silkies and one silver laced Wyandotte new chicks just got ( not all the ones I was suppose to get but maybe next year or summer 😂😂. New chicks are:
Welsummer
Barnevelder
Easter Egger
Black laced gold Wyandotte
I have 2 Ameruacanas being added in 5 days they will be in … hoping when all added they will get along I’m also looking for a olive Egger too

Back
Top Bottom