Adding new chicks to flock

Chicks17050

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2018
this will be used for later use I got 4 chickens 1 year old and then 2 baby chicks when they old enough how do I go about adding them to it the 4 are road island reads and then the 2 are polish chickens the 4 are all females and the 2 chicks idk about I do have a attachment to the coop side to shut them out when I clean the coop if to put the chickens there when ready till close to same size if needed

The best integration method is to have the chicks in a location where they can be seen by the older chickens, but cannot be touched/pecked, and then eventually letting the chicks in once they are used to each other. Is your attachment visible from the regular area of the coop?

The best integration method is to have the chicks in a location where they can be seen by the older chickens, but cannot be touched/pecked, and then eventually letting the chicks in once they are used to each other. Is your attachment visible from the regular area of the coop?
Yes like it’s tbe normal run then a small bit added the the one side with a door to lock them out if I clean the coop so they don’t try makeing it worse to clean

Back
Top Bottom