1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Adding pics to my page???

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by 77horses, Feb 7, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OK, so I know how to edit/make a page. I wanted to make my own page with pictures of the new incubator. [​IMG] When I click on the little button that brings me to the window where I put in URL of the image and everything. But when I click on the "Browse" button, it doesn't work! [​IMG] Nothing pops up when i click "Browse"! [​IMG]
    Can someone please help?
    Thanks!

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I have to type in the URL or copy/paste it.

3. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:I tried that too. But when I clicked "Insert" after writing the description/title, it just showed what I wrote as the title. No picture. [​IMG]

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    I've tried the Browse button, but it doesn't work. So I tried typing the SAME EXACT URL of the image into the place where it should be, and I write the Title and Description...But it doesn't work.

5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Try without title and description?

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
  8. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Use this:
    :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/14678_picture_006.jpg

I tried everything now that I can think of. How did you do that, Nifty??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. I uploaded a picture
    2. I deleted the " " part, which was at the end, so it looked like the same thing that you wrote(above) except it was " _picture_004.jpg " at the end.
    what did i do wrong??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. meezermom

meezermom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2009
    Roy WA
    [​IMG] I had the exact same prob!! tried EVERYTHING - then I went to my "myspace" page , went to my pics, right-click the pic you want, select properties, and copy the URL address to paste onto the BYC editor!!!!
    Worked great!!!!!!!! Otherwise you could use Photobucket or a similar product that stores your pics with a URL address.
    Good luck![​IMG]

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by