Adding to my flock

KOTurkeyRanch

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Western PA
Well, i have 3, 3 week old bronze poults...and im getting an addition.

Im getting 2 Eastern Wild Poults from my cousin about 4-5 weeks. Probably two hens because none were seen strutting yet.I have a 3 week old bronze poult that struts every day so im sure he is a male...dont get on my case about both genders strut but males will strut alot more. IM hoping on getting 1 eastern hen and 1 eastern gobbler so i can keep a purebreed eastern, and 2 bronze hens and one bronze gobbler.

Would it be bad to cross breed an Eastern Wild and a Bronze though?

also, can anyone give me instructions on clipping wings?

For one.. keep em separate first.. you dont know what they have and they can bring stuff into your flock.
And I think somewhere they said that some breeds are to heavy to breed , or somehting to the affect that they cant be bred.Not sure..I would have to look it up.

Why would you want to clip their wings so early ? At 3 weeks they are still growing their first feathers in anyway.

Ask Steve of SandsPoultry , he is the resident turkey guru here

Quote:
thanks for trying to help. Mine arent broad breasted so they will breed fine.

secondly, im not an idiot ive been to my cousins farm and its clean and they are healthy birds. and i put apple cider vinegar in the poults water every other week so that kills worms.

i mean clipping the easterns when they are older

also you said they cant be bred...if they couldnt be bred they would die off.

mostly what steve knows i know...i just recently joined this site

mostly what steve knows i know...i just recently joined this site

Really now? then feel free to jump in on the more difficult questions. We welcome your input. There is always room for more ideas
smile.png

Steve in NC​

Quote:
Really now? then feel free to jump in on the more difficult questions. We welcome your input. There is always room for more ideas
smile.png

Steve in NC

i feel you are being sarcastic

Quote:
smile.png

Steve in NC

i feel you are being sarcastic

Me...... never, I was just welcoming your input to the thread

Last edited:
No need to get defensive there young one ..
wink.png

No one called you an idiot.
A clean farm and healthy birds can still hide diseases. ACV isnt the end all to all diseases. Worms isnt the only thing you need to worry about it.
Read my response before you jump to conclusions.

But I digress.. you asked and I tried to help .NM on that since you apparently are " in the know " about turkeys
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom