Adjusting genesis hovabator 1588 temperature....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Godiva, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I have a printed off set of instructions on how to do this and DH and I are as confused as each other. We have toggled some switches that seemed to be what they were saying but I kind of wonder if this was written by someone who isn't too good at explaining things (or else it is just my brain being challenged in a direction it is not familiar with ) I was wondering what you all do? Both of my thermometers are reading the same and I have had this problem before (just can't remember exactly how we resolved it) I know I called the company about it and the person I spoke to (years ago when we bought it) insisted that my thermometers were all wrong and I should leave the 'bator as it was set. After disagreeing firmly with them for a while they eventually directed me to this page... and after doing some adjusting I had a really good hatch. But my brain is older or something 'cos now I am not too sure what I am doing... SO all that to say, does someone have a nice clear set of instructions on what to do? Thanks!

2. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    I found the instructions that came with the bator to be pretty confusing too. But I haven't had hubby look at it yet. I will be setting mine up tomorrow.

I'm the kind of person who needs instructions in one hand and go step by step with the item. I haven't even looked close enough at the bator to see what the switches are. lol...

I was too excited about everything else , and just getting it. LOL..

I hope someone comes along with more help.

Your not alone in the confusion. [​IMG]

3. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Yeah, well, we sat down and tried to get our heads around the instructions and eventually did set something. I guess I will see in the morning what kind of adjustment we made [​IMG] Hopefully it was upward and if necessary I can adjust it downwards. It does seem that the instructions for adjusting the temps down are a touch easier to follow. WIll let you know...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by