Adolescent Silkie with Crooked Foot/Toes

WonkyCabinFarm

In the Brooder
Dec 1, 2018
Hey Ya’ll. One of our Silkies we brought home ended up with His outside two toes turning under his foot. Being new to this condition we didn’t make a cardboard sandal for him (what we now know would have most likely solved the issue). Today he is around 7 months old and we notice him hoping along and I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any success making a sandal or anything to correct this issue with a chicken being older than a young chick. Please help we want to perform any care to help straighten his foot out.

Hey Ya’ll. One of our Silkies we brought home ended up with His outside two toes turning under his foot. Being new to this condition we didn’t make a cardboard sandal for him (what we now know would have most likely solved the issue). Today he is around 7 months old and we notice him hoping along and I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any success making a sandal or anything to correct this issue with a chicken being older than a young chick. Please help we want to perform any care to help straighten his foot out.
I have a silkie rooster with the same problem. At 7 months old, the chance of actually fixing the issue is slim, but I have found that they don’t let the foot bother or disturb their daily activities. If he seems to be doing fine, I’d just let him be. Good luck!

I have a silkie rooster with the same problem. At 7 months old, the chance of actually fixing the issue is slim, but I have found that they don’t let the foot bother or disturb their daily activities. If he seems to be doing fine, I’d just let him be. Good luck!
:thumbsup (But it pulls on the ole heartstrings!)

Back
Top Bottom