Adonis and Molly (Pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Mar 14, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Adonis is a son (we hope!) of Suede and Smoky, from the first fertile egg in ages from the BBS Orp pen. Molly is a runty Speckled Sussex hatchery girl. Two pullets were removed from the brooder because the Del/EE cross pullet was so rambunctious, we were afraid that she'd jump on Adonis and hurt him since he just hatched yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All four including Junebug, the Del/EE, and Sarah, a Speckled Sussex same age as Molly, but twice as big. You can see why we moved those two out to the Firetower coop--I think Junebug is really part ostrich or stork, LOL:

[​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Such cuties! (Love the Ducky binky, too.)

3. speckledhen

Yeah, Ducky is a big hit with the little ones. I'm afraid we'll have to put down Molly. She isn't thriving or growing, sleeps all the time. I got a Silver Phoenix pullet at the feed store to keep Adonis company if we have to let Molly go, but she is driving me nuts peeping her fool head off. She prefers human company, I think.

4. speckledhen

The Speckled Sussex chick passed away during the night, sadly--she just wasn't growing properly. The Silver Phoenix is now the new Molly. She is a goofball, doesn't think Adonis is scintillating company and is always chirping loudly till some human comes to talk to her. She's a sociable type, that's for sure!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: