Adopt my nephew for Thanksgiving? Jacksonville FL area... Went great~!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I know it sounds strange, but my nephew (like my son) is stationed in Jacksonville, FL, with the Navy, he's only 22 and it's his first Thanksgiving away from home. We were talking this morning and he's not looking forward to a holiday he's always loved before because he's alone. I thought I'd find out if any of our members might want to adopt him for Thanksgiving and surprise him with a home-cooked meal.
Kat

Last edited:
poor guy, i wish i lived closer..how sad to be alone for the holidays!

sad.png

I know, and I can't afford to go to him, and he doesn't have leave and funds to come home so it's just hard on all of us right now. He's like my eldest son instead of my nephew!

Hmmm.... Im not THAT far from Jacksonville but I don't have transportation to pick him up. If I had enough to feed more mouths and a way to get him, I would say I would LOVE to have him over. Sorry.
sad.png

I appreciate that very much and I sure wouldn't want anyone to feel obligated or to have to stretch their already thin budget any further. He does have transportation though, he has his car. So if anyone is worried about that it's not a problem.

I am in California, so I can't but I will do this: If anyone knows of any other stranded soldier at say Ft Irwin or Edwards AFB I can offer to host them.

ETA: Vandenburg too - my daughter and SIL can give them a lift down.

Last edited:
too bad there isnt a way to send a food package through the mail for him..but i dont know how you could do that with a turkey dinner.

Back
Top Bottom