Adopted a wonderful kitty from the shelter today. :)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SilverPhoenix, Jun 20, 2011.

1. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I was dropping off flyers at the local shelter for rescued hens at my work, and I of course had to go peek at the animals.

Unexpectedly, I found a sweet, five-year-old bengal, and fell head over heels for her. I kept going back to visit her, and actually went and adopted her today.

She was given up to the shelter because the breeder was done breeding her. I'd have some choice words for that breeder if I came across them. [​IMG] When she was spayed, she was in early pregnancy... Would have been six kittens. She went to a home for three weeks after she recovered, but she had diarrhea and the man who adopted her had a small child, so he felt he couldn't keep her around. Now she has a forever home with me.

The breeder named her Benicia and the second adopter called her Gracie, but I want to give her a name different from either of those. I have a few ideas--Tama, Chai, Spice or Spicy, Tosca, Selva, or Aki--but I'd love more suggestions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is so wonderful... I am proud to provide her a forever home!

2. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    She has beautiful markings!

Congrats

3. SilverPhoenix

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Quote:Thank you! She really does. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh my! What a gorgeous cat!!! I would call her Abby because her head resembles an Abyssinian.

5. SilverPhoenix

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Quote:Thank you! She really is gorgeous. [​IMG] And I will definitely consider Abby, thanks!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Thank you! She really is gorgeous. [​IMG] And I will definitely consider Abby, thanks!

That was the first thing that crossed my mind. She also resembles my Aunts cat that is long passed named George. She was an abyssinian. Something about her. The colors and her head shape.

7. Haviris2

Haviris2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wow, she's beautiful! One of the bengals that comes into the clinic I work at is the softest cat I've ever felt!

8. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Congrats on her! She's beautiful.

Do you have any other cats or any dogs? How's she acclimating?

Her name could be "Priona" .... The scientific name of the Asian Leopard Cat is: Prionailurus bengalensis bengalensis [​IMG]

9. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Oh my she is gorgeous! [​IMG]

10. Duckchick2011

Duckchick2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    Why not name her Amber...since she has such a beautiful Amber color and all. I have always loved bengals and she is a very striking one at that, you are both very lucky to have one another [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by