Adopted Another Dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Mountain Man Jim, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Mountain Man Jim

Mountain Man Jim Chillin' With My Peeps

So, we recently lost two of our dogs (Fluffy and Chip). Life just wasn't the same with pack of dogs being down to only 3 dogs. Plus, we kind of missed our big Pyr Fluffy. So we started looking at the shelters for a new watchdog but ... met this girl and just had to adopt her:

[​IMG]

Her name is Bella and she's a 3 yr old Newfie mix. She's the sweetest dog with a bit of a problem with separation anxiety that we're working on. I doubt if she’s going to be much of a watchdog since she seems to be mostly interested in sleeping. So, hopefully the other dogs can wake her up when they need her to bark at the fox or bobcat.

Jim

2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Shes a real cutie for sure. Congrats

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

aww.. congrats on the new addition!

4. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Congratulations! So cute!

5. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Cute cute cute. [​IMG] Congrats [​IMG]

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] Awww!

7. mz.candiz

mz.candiz Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2011
    Edmonton
    Gorgeous! Do you know what she is mixed with? She looks very similar to my Great Pyrenees/ Newfoundland/ Lab Cross; the only difference is mine has slightly shorter hair (probably from the lab).

Newfie's tend to be a pretty laid back dog, which is definitely part of the sleeping. But if there's Pyrenees in her, they tend to be more of a night-time watchdog, and sleep alot during the day.

Congrats!!!

8. Mountain Man Jim

Mountain Man Jim Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure what she's crossed with. I also see Pyr or maybe Lab in Bella. But, we'll never know. I'm not seeing the Pyr tendency to guard so, I'm guessing the breeding was done along the Canadian line ... Lab.

Jim

9. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Jim she's beautiful and just in time for all this wonderful cold she can put her warm coat to good use [​IMG]

Good for you!! The shelters here (like everywhere) are just jammed with pups needing homes [​IMG]

10. mamachicken888

mamachicken888 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    East Oklahoma
    Congrats Jim! She's a beauty. Now you just lack one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by