Adopted from the MSPCA! Pics soon to come.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Whitewinterwolf, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    OH MY GOD! They had the cutest rooster there! But My Mr. Bo-Bo would hurt him...
    He was smaller then a soft ball and fully grown! And he cooed when you picked him up and he knows how to give kisses [​IMG] HE WAS STINKING ADORABLE!!!!!
    Someone go adopt him please, because I cant and he is that stinking cute and sweet!!! T_T

Anyway, i adopted three little bantam girls to keep Mr. Bo-Bo and Betty company in there gigantic coop where they have been freezing all Winter, the poor things, and to help me feel better after the order of chicks I got completely backfired and died...
    Anyway onto the happy thoughts and away from the bad! I now have a beautiful white Sultan, a black Cochin, and a English game hen, all Bantams!
    There names are Salt, Ebony, And Cinnamon :D
    I cant wait to post pictures! But at the moment it has to wait >.> I kinda gave them a bath and they are not happy with me [​IMG]
    So in the morning, I shall post like crazy! They are awesome birds, friendly and amazing. They already like to perch on my shoulder! Oh I love them [​IMG]

If by any chance you need a rooster or want to adopt a hen or two, and live in MA or near it, totally go there! they have a bunch of neat guys, even a lavender Orp!! Most of them are only a year old, some even younger!
    They also have three special needs chickens who desperately need a home :( , a rooster with a missing eye, a small white hen that was completely blind, and then a fine hen who acted as there seeing eye hen :D They are cute,
    they have a Frizzle rooster, a bunch of awesome D'uccle roosters, a sIlkie rooster, a Black Austrolorp Roo, a few RIR roos who you can pick up and hug XD
    A polish rooster with no head feathers at the moment, and a bunch of other AWESOME birds!
    A ton of ducks and geese also!
    If you want an awesome rooster, Bantam or standard they have a bunch. they are all friendly, easily handalable Come when they are called, and they get along with each other. :D
    As for hens, they have a bunch there two. I think there was a RIR, a LF English game hen, an Americana, and a few mixes.
    The best part is, they are all healthy and have a minimal adoption fee, this is a link to the site just in case anyone is interested [​IMG] http://www.mspca.org/adoption/methuen-nevins/ [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    Thank you for doing such a good deed! I wish I could take all the roosters home! We have a lonely japanese hen who would probably appreciate a guy her size, but we are not allowed any roos at our location.
    Again, thanks for adopting. Those little birds will love their new home!

3. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    I admire you and would like to do that too.

4. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    How do you go about adopting chickens? Can you just contact commercial chicken factories?

5. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Ok I lied, today I wont be able to post pictures, I was to busy running around trying to plan my wedding [​IMG]
    However, as for adopting a hen, I only know about the farm Rescue by me.
    If you google the local farm rescues around where you live, you may be able to find some rescue hens who need a home :D

6. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Aw, wish I was closer... I live in MA and often see so many chickens at the Methuen shelter, but it would take me 2 hours to get there.
    I, as a special needs chicken adopter... would definetly adopt the blind one's.... too bad it wasn't near me. Hope someone gives them a great home!

7. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Hehe, im a bad example XD I drove from West brookfield to there adoption place, totally worth it in my opinion! It too me 2 hours also :D

8. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    And here we go!
    My new ladies, Salt, Cinnamon, and Ebony!
    I needed to get better pictures, but its dark and there sleeping. I need to remember to take my camera down in the morning!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Salt is nice and white from her bath. the poor thing was almost grey when I brought her home. Now shes all clean and happy!
    Ebony and Cinnamon are just happy to be dry!
    Mr. Bo-Bo is thrilled to have some lady friends that he can...uh..."play" with, yeah that works, play with. And Betty is thrilled to no longer be the only lady in the coop :D

9. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    They are adorable [​IMG]

10. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    With the gas prices nowadays, its hard to do for me. [​IMG]

How cute!!!!!!! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by