Adopted LGDs boarding the Polar Express= NEW PIX ADDED!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Solsken Farm, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

to the "almost North Pole" (our farm) on thursday and we get them on Saturday. We are so excited and cannot wait to meet them.

Helmstead posted a BST ad here for a friend of hers. Only one was available but then another dog adoption fell through, so we are getting one of his pals as well. They were advertised as mature, but heck they are less than 3 years old and gorgeous, temperment tested sweeties. They will live in our tack room and hopefully protect our critters from the fisher, coon and other predators that seem to like our cats and my guess is next would be our chickens. (How's that for a run on sentence? [​IMG] )

This is our new boy.
    [​IMG]

This is our new girl.
    [​IMG]

Go adopt a rescue. There are so many awesome dogs out there and cats for that matter. I know of one lovely year old dog that needs a home. He is currently in Texas. It is a breeze to get your pet shipped north through this fantastic company below. It is either $125 or $150, which I think is reasonable for transport.

https://www.petsllc.org/index.php

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Beautiful dogs [​IMG]

3. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG]

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Beautiful !!!! get some more animals for them to guard now [​IMG]

5. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    Congratulations! And thanks for the link to PETS, that's a great service.

Sarah

6. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    They are beautiful!!!

7. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    What beautiful dogs! I know they will repay you many times over with love and devotion. There's nothing like the bond between a person and a dog, especially a rescue. They always remember and appreciate what you did for them. Shame we can't be as noble as they are! [​IMG]

8. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I am glad to see you found some dogs...Congrats...

9. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] How's it goin'?

10. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hey Kate. This first week has gone great. Echo, the female, stays between the house and the barn during the day. Amazingly she is not interested in going anywhere. Her previous food aggression (from her Becki's place) disappeared after a few days.

Kei, the male, is just gorgeous and a big baby Huey. He does run away, so I am working on rigging up some electric fencing into our door yard, got a kennel, and have to keep him tied up in the barn at night. Bless him, he just has that Pyr roaming thing. Apart from my running in my nightgown after him in the minus 20 below weather a few times, the transition has been great.

We couldn't be happier!

Thanks for the post. This is a perfect match for everyone and we are thrilled that the adoption fell through for Echo, as they have each other for company.

I am definitely in love with both of them, as are my kids. My poor dh is warming up, but it always takes him awhile.....too many critters for him. [​IMG] Echo runs to the gate to meet him when he gets home from work. So she is doing a good job melting that scrooge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by