Adopted pigeons look sick

fatimastic

Songster
Aug 26, 2020
Pakistan
I just adopted 2 female pigeons. One has her tail cut off and they both are looking a tad lethargic. I've given them food and water but they were preening or itching themselves. Now they are both sleeping without even drinking water. They both look sick to me. This is droppings from one of them. The one with the crown has a weird sick stance.

Attachments

• 20220226_133950.jpg
    20220226_133950.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220226_133550.jpg
    20220226_133550.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 4
I see that the dropping is green in color. That indicates something is not correct.
I really don't know of instant solution. My pigeons always were healthy.
When I had some sick chicken hens,, I offered them food to eat with slight addition of peoples One A Day multivitamin. Not sure what is available in your country, because the One A Day is a brand here in the USA.

This is what I did; I boiled a small quantity of noodles. The quantity was about the size of one persons portion. Boiled only in (about 2 cups) of water with no salt added. When that cooled some. I took one of the daily dose vitamin tablets, and broke in half. Added that ½ tablet to the water and noodle bowl, and dissolved the vitamin. My chickens were very much for eating noodles/pasta. After 3 days of such effort, I noticed improvement in their health.
I know pigeons are not the kind to eat noodles, but I never tried myself. Maybe if you offered them the water with the vitamins in it,,,, would possibly help.
If you do decide to experiment with vitamins,,, keep the doses very small.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :hugs

I see that the dropping is green in color. That indicates something is not correct.
When I had some sick chicken hens,, I offered them food to eat with slight addition of peoples One A Day multivitamin. Not sure what is available in your country, because the One A Day is a brand here in the USA.

This is what I did; I boiled a small quantity of noodles. The quantity was about the size of one persons portion. Boiled only in (about 2 cups) of water with no salt added. When that cooled some. I took one of the daily dose vitamin tablets, and broke in half. Added that ½ tablet to the water and noodle bowl, and dissolved the vitamin. My chickens were very much for eating noodles/pasta. After 3 days of such effort, I noticed improvement in their health.
I know pigeons are not the kind to eat noodles, but I never tried myself. Maybe if you offered them the water with the vitamins in it,,,, would possibly help.

Thank you for the reply!!

We don't have vitamins like that here...
Can you tell me what are the ingredients of One Day vitamins?

How are your pigeons doing so far.?? Improving after the possible stress of moving :highfive:
They are much livelier now! I just shifted them with my other pigeons but they seem to be getting bullied a lot :(

Although one of rhe adopted pigeon makes this sound constantly as she eats; “hmm” like giving out air. This seems suspicious to me.

Newcomers will always get bullied. Is the loft sufficiently large to accommodate all the pigeons together comfortably?? Are there enough individual roost spots in the loft. Pigeons do like individual spots, unless they are nesting on eggs, (in pairs) and brooding young in a nest box.

I need to try that. I notice about once a week one of my pigeons dies. I believe I have seen green poop before? Although unlikely, I even wondered if maybe they were choking on the cracked corn.

Back
Top Bottom