Adopted some ducklings today :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, May 23, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

One of our neighbors rescued a whole bunch of animals from a mini farm that was starving them, along with the livestock the got 2 ducks. A Pekin drake & a Rouen hen. After they got them home the Rouen started laying & building a nest and after a while she came out of the nest with about 15 little babies! [​IMG]

They're very new to ducks so they only want to keep 2 of the babies and found someone to take a few more, for their autistic daughter. I told them i had room in my brooder for any extras they had. We got a call today and went and picked up 5 cute little babies [​IMG] Theyre all Rouen colored but soo cute, momma was really pretty too. It looks like there's 2 girls & 3 boys in the bunch but i am going to keep them until theyre grown anyway. I know someone that will take a drake, she has pet ducks & i will try to find good pet homes for any other boys later on.

Here they are all snuggled in with the Scovy babies [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The brooder is gettign a little crowded so i may have to rehome some of the boys soon..still not sure though.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol.. aweee you have the same as me. lol one looks like a mallard. i have my little scovie with a mallard and a rouen. [​IMG] how are they getting along?? mine instantly bonded. [​IMG]

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

There was some pecking & poking going on but they were giving it right back to the scovie babies too [​IMG] the goslings could care less, lol.

4. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol that's sooo cute. my little rouen is kinda left out. the mallard and the scovy are best friends. the rouen is my little buddy lol. if i take the mallard or the scovy out the other will cry till it's friend comes back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by