1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Adopted white sweet chick turned to be a rooster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by shantaram, Mar 15, 2016.

1. shantaram

shantaram Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2015
    I wonder what breed he is? Now one year old. Quite sweet and protective, likes to find treats for his ladies :). Grayish legs, dark feathers in his tail and dark spots on the wings.
    On the photo below together with another mystery - a lonely survivor of raccoon attack, she lay dark brown eggs. Thanks for help![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    The hen is a welsummer, the rooster looks like possibly a Phoenix or mix of one

3. poultry bro

poultry bro Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2014
    He could be an american bresse by the colors but they are pretty darn rare and very expensive from what ive seen but he could also be a leghorn cross ive gotton some simular looking birds from crossing my leghorns with other chickens i think i also crossed with a black jersey giant and got a hen that looked just like him almost all white a few black feathers and green/gray legs

4. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    X2

Nice that he has a home with you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by