adoption support

cluck-addict

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2009
MN
My husband and I are hoping to adopt. We are about done with our homestudy. We've created a website with our family information and what we can offer a child.
Thanks everyone! You've all been supportive of me learning about my chickens!

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif

Cool website!

We adopted our girl almost 5 years ago. Her adoption went great. It took a while to be selected and we had quiet a roller coaster ride trying to adopt a second child. If you want the details send me a PM.

Are you working with an adoption attorney or agency? Best of luck!

We are working with Lutheran Social Serivces in MN. We are hoping to match on our own and stay out of the "waiting family book" Current statistics show 50% of US adoptions are matched through private networking like what we are doing. It also allows for more of the funding to help mom's directly with expenses and counseling. I'd love to talk more with you about your adoption journey!

Thanks for the support!

Congratulations and the best of luck. Adoption is a beautiful journey! We have three daughters that we adopted with the help of Az's Children Association through foster care.

Thank you! We are licensed through our county for foster care but this VERY rural community has gone years without a placement due to termination of parental rights. We've explored adopting older children and feel that may be an option too. We will see what fate/God sends our way.

I think the Federal goverment increased the adoption tax credit. It was $10,000 when we did it. I googled it and it appears to be $12,170 now. I'm not sure what Min state tax credit is. The federal tax credit is good for both successful and failed adoptions.

Congrats, my wife and I adopted our son last february we did a private adoption so it was quick but very nerve racking we are very blessed with him and wouldnt change a single thing about it. We have this little joke about the whole thing since our son is like the both of us in so many ways its scary but we like to say that "Since God doesnt make mistakes he sneezed when placing our son in the womb". I know you guys will be very excited when you finnaly get your child that you seem like you deserve as so where we I still think that adopting my son gave me the best feeling I have ever experinced I am only 25 but I have had many great experinces and nothing at all tops the day(s) when he was born and I saw My wife walk around the corner holding our baby boy, then the day we went to our court hearing and the judge told us congradulations that we are offically his parents I cant put these feelings into words but when it happens for you guys you will know exactly what I am talking about. Good luck and let us know when you become new parents cant wait to hear the good news!

Adoption is one of the most special and wonderful things that anyone can ever do.
I used to be a foster parent in our county, only taking very young children and drug babies. A little girl with special needs was placed with me when she was 4 years old and stayed with me for 2 years before the courts decided to terminate her parents rights and make her eligible for adoption. During those 2 years she stole every heart in my family. My younger brother and his wife adopted her and now I am her very proud Aunt. She is 14 years old now and a very lovely young lady!
love.gif

I wish you the very best of luck with your adoption journey.

Back
Top Bottom