adoption

I think I want to adopt an older duck i live near buffalo ny and can't find anywhere to adopt one
Have you looked into Rescues? Maybe check with Animal shelters they may know of Rescues around your area. Or post in the Buy,Sell.Trade thread here on BYC or go to the "where am I where are you" thread and look up NY. someone may have just what your looking for, but 2 ducks are much better than one. They like the companion of their own kind. and
welcome-byc.gif

No but my mom isn't sold on the idea of raising ducklings and i thought maybe adoption would be a better choice

Did you check petfinders? That is how I got all mine. Good luck!!! Adoption is a wonderful thing. Keep us posted if you find some. Be patient. If there is an farm animal rescue or a rescue that takes chickens in, call them. Sometimes the animals don't make it online, but they have them. Tell them what you want, and ask if you can leave your name and number if they don't have anything now. I don't know your age, but if you are a youngish person, maybe your parent should call. Sometimes rescues want to know a young person has the support of a parent when they are adopting.

Are you near Fairport, NY? There is Lollipop Farm Rescue there, google them and give them a call, they do have ducks. If not too close, call anyway and ask if there is another bird rescue closer to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom