Adorable Silkie chicks. Central Kentucky

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by ScottyTerrier, May 15, 2016.

1. ScottyTerrier

ScottyTerrier Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2015
    I am about to have a few silkies hatching soon. I think most will be black and white chicks. One of the hens is a painted so hopefully some will be also. These will have wonderful crests. 3$ a chick, live in central ky. Chicks with large crests are 5$

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. ScottyTerrier

Sep 21, 2015
    Chicks have hatched

Here's my first pic. Will update when I take more [​IMG]

Also i may consider shipping but would need information on how to best do so. And how to price them

[​IMG]

Here is the hen for a majority of the chicks. As you can see she has some sizzle to her. Don't be fooled by her mangy crest, it was very puffy and beautiful but the roosters were a bit rough on her crest :(

[​IMG]

Here is one of my roos. I think he's cute.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  3. amandax53

amandax53 New Egg

May 22, 2016
    If you are willing to ship them to NY, let me know. I am unfortunately not educated on the best shipping method though. I would be interested in 3-5 silkies.

4. redranger209

redranger209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2016
    I live in central CA. I have been looking for cheap Silkie chicks for about a week. I would love a black one.

5. ScottyTerrier

Sep 21, 2015
    Thank you, while I may advertise theses silkies at "cheap" prices, the quality of these silkies is very good to excellent with some most likely turning out show quality. I will have to get pictures of parents. The low price is because I'm new to this and also the hens are still pullets. I will probably change the price to 10 a chick when my hens turn 1. :)

6. redranger209

redranger209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2016
    Will you pls ship to ca?

7. CluckyInKY

CluckyInKY Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2016
    Utica, KY
    Where are you located? I'm in western KY. How many do you have available and have they been sexed?

8. ScottyTerrier

Sep 21, 2015
    I have over 20 available. sorry but I do not know how to vent sex. I'm in central ky, Lexington area.

9. PensacolaBlue

PensacolaBlue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2015
    Just curious if you've sold them all. We're over in Woodford co.

10. ScottyTerrier

Sep 21, 2015
    Hi there! We are not sold out. We had more hatch so there are quite a few left :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by