Adult age of Cochin chicks

Huzaifa

Hatching
May 14, 2016
Can anyone tell me adult age of Cochin chicks??
hmm.png

Do you mean at what age will they start laying??? If so, since cochins are a larger breed, most likely not until they're about 6 months of age I would think...

They are considered pullets until they're a year old, at which time they're considered adult hens.

i have a pair and there age is more than five months approximately that is why i want to know??

Well, there's no exact way to predict. My larger girls, orpington, austrolorp, and EEs all started laying around 22-23 weeks from hatching. Cochins are a bit bigger, so maybe not until 26 weeks. Again - it's not an exact science, so it could be earlier or later by a few weeks. My girls did start squatting down when I'd go to pick them...maybe a few days before they started laying eggs. Good luck! I'm sure it'll happen soon.

i have a pair and there age is more than five months approximately that is why i want to know??
Cochins can be very slow to mature. On average they will start to lay sometime between 6 to 8 months old, but some do take longer. And when they do start laying, they are not prolific layers. Most only manage about 3 or 4 a week.

Back
Top Bottom