Adult Barred Rocks in West TN?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Dinana, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Dinana

Dinana New Egg

Jun 8, 2008
    Hey Ya'll
    I'm new to all this and this is my first post, so bear with me! I'm looking to get maybe 2-3 Barred Rock hens and a rooster for my backyard. I have a 16'X16'X8' chain link run with an attached 2 level chicken wire house for nest boxes and such. I'm just starting with chickens again (my folks had some when I was really small) and I'm not prepared to raise the day-olds from a mail order. Any information would be appreciated. I'm in the Covington,TN area and would be willing to drive an hour or so to get them if necessary. Thanks!

2. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I don't have barred rocks,but I have cuckoo marans,which resemble barred rocks(see my avatar). I have some young pullets and roos 3-4 months old. I am in Chester Co,just S of Jackson.

3. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    I dont have an extra rooster, but I could sell you 2 or 3 6 month old hens. I am about 1 hour and 40 minutes from you, but if you want them, I could probably meet you in west memphis AR.

4. Dinana

Dinana New Egg

Jun 8, 2008
    Thank you both and I'll probably be contacting one of you near the end of the week if I cin't find anyone here in Tipton county. There's still bout a day;s worth of work to go on the coop setup but it should be ready for them this weekend (and I'm excited! [​IMG]) Thank you both.

5. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    No problem, I hope you find what your looking for!!

6. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Same here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by