Adult budgie sick?

Gc6ta

Hatching
May 8, 2021
Newish owner of budgies. I had a pair of two budgies, about 3 and 6 years old. Sadly the older one passed away. After a week we were able to get another budgie that’s about 10 weeks old, introduced them two days ago. They seem to get along great, always playing and flying. But the 3 year old seems to be getting “sick”. Sleeping constantly and not really eating besides bringing seeds to the new bird.
Should I separate them? Take it to the vet?

Newish owner of budgies. I had a pair of two budgies, about 3 and 6 years old. Sadly the older one passed away. After a week we were able to get another budgie that’s about 10 weeks old, introduced them two days ago. They seem to get along great, always playing and flying. But the 3 year old seems to be getting “sick”. Sleeping constantly and not really eating besides bringing seeds to the new bird.
Should I separate them? Take it to the vet?
How long did you have the new one in quarantine before introducing them???? Is it possible to separate them where they can still see each other??? I would try that and see if the 3 year old improves. If no improvement and vet is an option, I would consider it.
@Quailobsessed ??????

Also try give the bird freash food not just seed, fruits vegetables, kale mango ect.. clean water. Keep it in a nice warm area to rest and come good. You can put a bit of apple cider vinegar and or garlic in the water for it. Is there anything near where it stays that may be upsetting it? Strong WiFi signals ect? If the bird has its head tucked in and is "sleeping alot" as you say and also you notice it's body kinda pumping/moving hard (for lack of better description) it may b quite sick. Keep watching em, you can google exactly what you observe the bird doing as well and possibly find info.

Keep them out of drafts. That's how most budgies get sick.
Most pet stores sell a budgie antibiotic that cures respiratory
problems. You can administer with a dropper, if your bird won't
drink.

Back
Top Bottom