Adult bunny pushes her head under my chin?

Bunnyforever

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2023
I recently rescued an adult female meat rabbit from a butcher shop and I have been training her to get used to being picked up and sitting on my lap. Yesterday while she was on my lap she gently nudged her chin to the bottom of my chin. What does this interaction mean? Does it mean she is trying to explore? Does she view me as no longer scary?

Last edited:
I recently rescued an adult female meat rabbit from a butcher shop and I have been training her to get used to being picked up and sitting on my lap. Yesterday while she was on my lap she gently nudged her chin to the bottom of my chin. What does this interaction mean? Does it mean she is trying to explore? Does she view me as no longer scary?
@Kiki @BunnieLynn @Bunnybryn

Hi there! Congrats on the new bunny! She could be saying two things:

Rabbits rub their chins on things to claim it as their territory. You can see this as a good sign and that she has “accepted” you

Another thing she could be doing is showing dominance. When two rabbits interact together, the one higher on the dominance scale will lower their head under the another bunnies chin. They are basically asking to be groomed, and Is considered a dominating behavior.

We would love to see pictures of your cutie pie!

Back
Top Bottom