adult female pekin for sale?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pekinduck<3er, Jun 19, 2011.

1. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi,

Im sorry to ask but does anyone have an Adult female Pekin Duck up for sale?I know its probably out of the question..... but my fathers brother lost his female pekin to his pet Beagle... and that left the Male pekin by himself... i feel bad for him and are looking desperately for one in my state... but since i cant find one i was hoping i could buy one from here if anyone does have one for sale? Is that to much to ask to for? I mean i will pay for shipping and the duck. All we need is a Adult female pekin. Thats all for a lonely pekin.Anything would be good right now...And if so some pics would be nice so we wouldnt get rippied off or some photos of yours ducks would be cute,

Cara

2. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Where in FL are you?
    I know there is a farm here in Elbera, AL that has pekins and they might be willing to sell an adult.
    We are near Pcola.

3. pekinduck<3er

we live in jacksonville florida

4. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
  5. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

i was just in your situation> trying to find an adult female for a lonely male duck> it is hard to find, but not impossible. I kept looking on craigslist , also i called ads for baby ducklings to see if they had a female they could sell me- which is how i found one.
    also if you cant find anything-you can order 2 female ducks from metzerfarms.com -with the quickest shipping and all the extras like nutri-gel for them to eat during shipping and all that i was qouted $39 (shipping to florida). i didnt want two but thats their minimum on pekin ducklings and i figured i could sell the one to another person in my situation.

Good Luck and keep us posted

6. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    A private party selling a duck might want to hear what arrangements he has made to prevent his beagle from killing the duck they sell to him.

Personally, I wouldn't send a duck to an unsafe home, so I would ask how it was going to be prevented from happening again.

dryder likes this.
  7. pekinduck<3er

actually that was his wifes sons beagle and now they sent it to be with their son so hes not there anymore

8. 1Cor13

1Cor13 New Egg

Jul 19, 2011
    TO: Chillin w/my Peeps:

we have a female pekin. we're in Mims. I've been looking for a male because she's very unhappy alone. We have a beautiful pond that she "rules" but it's no fun for by herself. If you have a good home for her, we are right down the road and would be willing to give her to you (provided you can catch her). She'll come close but we have not been able to pick her up. OR, we would be happy to give your male a nice home.

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    You should defiantly keep checking craigslist. You may want to post a WTB ad on their for quicker replies. Also you may try local feed stores. I've gotten alot of my ducks from a local feed store.

10. dryder

dryder Just Hatched

Sep 30, 2016
    Even if I did I would be afraid it would happen again. Hope you have new arrangements.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by