Adult Guineas In Hampton Roads???

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by BebeLapinouBlanc, Aug 21, 2011.

1. BebeLapinouBlanc

BebeLapinouBlanc Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Hi![​IMG] I'm putting my feelers out there to see if anyone knows anyone or anywhere I could get some adult Guinea. I'm alright with Keets/ Eggs but I would prefer to have some adults to prowl the tick infested areas of my property while I'm raising the babies. I'm aware of the "training to stay and not wander away" issue that may come with adults.[​IMG] Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    are you on pet chickens of va ? I amy know someone with some

3. BebeLapinouBlanc

Aug 21, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Where would that be? I'm new to this board [​IMG] But yes on the "who/where" board in the chickens forum I just posted there.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:[​IMG]

If you change your mind and want eggs, I sell Guinea hatching eggs. [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

5. BebeLapinouBlanc

Aug 21, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

~ Aspen [​IMG]

Awe Thank you! [​IMG] I know I definitely want to hatch some bbs:love .... I was just also trying to find a few adults to start prowling this property while I'm acclimating the babies and doing the whole weening/ slow free ranging with them. BTW, I think I recall seeing your posts on the Crevies board! I was oogling it last night when I joined since I plan on raising and breeding that sweet little punk rock fluff breed:woot

6. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    Adult guinea chicken need to be in a covered pen for at least 6 weeks, so that they know where home is.Then we are in October [​IMG]. My advice is, to start with keets now and case the tics later. By the way, chicken like the taste of bugs too and at this point they are easier to keep. And it make it much easier to keep keets and peeps together, so that they grow up together. I found out, that the keets are more relax .

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle

~ Aspen [​IMG]

Awe Thank you! [​IMG] I know I definitely want to hatch some bbs:love .... I was just also trying to find a few adults to start prowling this property while I'm acclimating the babies and doing the whole weening/ slow free ranging with them. BTW, I think I recall seeing your posts on the Crevies board! I was oogling it last night when I joined since I plan on raising and breeding that sweet little punk rock fluff breed:woot

Yes, I prowl around the Crevie thread. [​IMG]

If you want some eggs, 'lemme know. [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

8. BebeLapinouBlanc

Aug 21, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] Yeah I know about the whole "re-homing" syndrome I'd end up dealing with with the adults....... I just recently got this land/ farmhouse and unfortunately parts of the property are just tick infested [​IMG] I already wanted to raise the little ones but also was hoping to have a few adults in the movable tractors I have (The worst tick area happens to be near Barn#2 where their coop will end up being) I'm just desperate at this point after getting the heebie jeebies from having little deer ticks crawling all up my leg this last weekend![​IMG] Yet I refuse sprays and such! hehehe I know it's going to be cute overload with lots of little peeps and chips chips together [​IMG]

9. BebeLapinouBlanc

Aug 21, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:Awe Thank you! [​IMG] I know I definitely want to hatch some bbs:love .... I was just also trying to find a few adults to start prowling this property while I'm acclimating the babies and doing the whole weening/ slow free ranging with them. BTW, I think I recall seeing your posts on the Crevies board! I was oogling it last night when I joined since I plan on raising and breeding that sweet little punk rock fluff breed:woot

Yes, I prowl around the Crevie thread. [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

Haha Yeah I'm Crevie and Rare French Chicky OBSESSED individual!! [​IMG] I'd def love some. Just so you know though, I live in Virginia.... I've never had guineas shipped to me here from out of state so I don't know how the process is with them. (I know Virginia is a pain in the BeeHind when it comes to the chicky standards w shipping). [​IMG] So I'll take a look into it [​IMG]

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Yes, I prowl around the Crevie thread. [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

Haha Yeah I'm Crevie and Rare French Chicky OBSESSED individual!! [​IMG] I'd def love some. Just so you know though, I live in Virginia.... I've never had guineas shipped to me here from out of state so I don't know how the process is with them. (I know Virginia is a pain in the BeeHind when it comes to the chicky standards w shipping). [​IMG] So I'll take a look into it [​IMG]

Never shipped anything to VA? [​IMG] If it's okay, I can ship some eggs to you tomorrow, or Wednesday morning. Or whenever ya want them. [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by